FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Website News & Updates > Motorcycle Parts Wanted

Unread 02-16-2013, 10:37 AM

Default WTB: CA160 Exhuast

Im looking for both exhausts for a 68 ca160. anyone have any or know were i can get them let me know. also a solo seat and clubman bars.

Last edited by jspeedyjj; 02-16-2013 at 10:40 AM.
Unread 02-17-2013, 07:02 AM

Send a message via AIM to ByTheLake

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspeedyjj View Post
Im looking for both exhausts for a 68 ca160. anyone have any or know were i can get them let me know. also a solo seat and clubman bars.
There are a few styles of muffler available on eBay that will fit the CA160. It depends if you're insistent on the using an exact OEM part or open to a slightly different style.
Unread 02-17-2013, 08:16 AM

JSpeedy- Check you wiring harness for a white tag attached to the harness. The tag is found under the gas tank as the harness runs along the frame. It should say "Sumitomo" and have a part number and the year (assuming of course the harness is original to the bike) Or post the frame serial number and we can tell you the year of the bike.
In the 60's and into the 70's, bikes were often not titled (depending on the state), and if so were usually titled in the year it was actually sold. Chances are your bike may be '67 or '66.
Mufflers, everybody has this battle- I suggest much like, BTL, to find a suitable after market replacement to run on the bike whilst you search for the elusive set somewhere on eBay. Emgo seems to be popular-
My 1966 Ca160 is titled as a 1969... and no, you can't have my pipes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CA16069.jpg (105.1 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Larzfromarz; 02-17-2013 at 08:18 AM.
Unread 02-17-2013, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByTheLake View Post
There are a few styles of muffler available on eBay that will fit the CA160. It depends if you're insistent on the using an exact OEM part or open to a slightly different style.
I saw the ones on ebay and there not priced to bad either. i would prefer to put oem parts on the bike if i can but i know from reading the forum that original ones are hard to find and if you do youll pay top dollar for it. ive got some time before i would be putting on the exhuast so ill wait as long as possible before i resort to aftermarket.
Unread 02-17-2013, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzfromarz View Post
JSpeedy- Check you wiring harness for a white tag attached to the harness. The tag is found under the gas tank as the harness runs along the frame. It should say "Sumitomo" and have a part number and the year (assuming of course the harness is original to the bike) Or post the frame serial number and we can tell you the year of the bike.
In the 60's and into the 70's, bikes were often not titled (depending on the state), and if so were usually titled in the year it was actually sold. Chances are your bike may be '67 or '66.
Mufflers, everybody has this battle- I suggest much like, BTL, to find a suitable after market replacement to run on the bike whilst you search for the elusive set somewhere on eBay. Emgo seems to be popular-
My 1966 Ca160 is titled as a 1969... and no, you can't have my pipes.
just got my frame # CA160-1007083, i might just have to succumb to the aftermarket.

lol, that was like telling a kid not to touch anything in the toy store.
Unread 02-18-2013, 04:56 AM

OK That's a first production year bike. Don't worry, the aftermarket gets you on the road, all of the smiles and waves get you to the next level.
Unread 02-18-2013, 04:42 PM

Quote:
OK That's a first production year bike. Don't worry, the aftermarket gets you on the road, all of the smiles and waves get you to the next level.
does that mean its not a 68? and its a 66? ill keep looking for the exhaust. I found one on ebay, ill search for the one you mentioned in the meantime. thanks again for the advice.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360484102847...84.m1438.l2649
Unread 02-18-2013, 05:35 PM

I believe that to be correct, but I'm old and fallible. I sometimes use http://www.motorera.com/honda/h0160/tour160.htm for Id-ing.
Those pipes look good, maybe someone here has some feedback on how they look and wear. I'd also consider JC Whitney as they at least have customer service.

Last edited by Larzfromarz; 02-18-2013 at 05:38 PM.
Unread 02-21-2013, 05:53 AM

Quote:
I believe that to be correct, but I'm old and fallible. I sometimes use http://www.motorera.com/honda/h0160/tour160.htm for Id-ing.
Those pipes look good, maybe someone here has some feedback on how they look and wear. I'd also consider JC Whitney as they at least have customer service.
Jc whitney has a 10% off sale ending today so i want to get some parts from them. which exhaust is the best fit or closest oem look? I think its this one?

http://www.jcwhitney.com/emgo-univer...4658d57470u0j1
Unread 02-21-2013, 07:27 AM

Will a honda ca200 battery cover fit a ca160?
Unread 02-21-2013, 08:25 AM

I would say that looks suitable but can't say how well it mounts up. Whitney should be good about return if it looks like it absolutely is wrong. Much harder to do with the overseas guys.
I can't answer about the side covers.
Unread 02-21-2013, 10:36 AM

Im just going to get them, they also have clubman bars for 20 bucks.