FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > Aprilia Mille RSVR - 1st Generation

Unread 04-03-2008, 08:38 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Ever since the moment I slid out I wanted to paint my bike custom style. The black felt like a curse to me but it was too shiny to even consider painting a different color. Well now I have a reason!

I'm a big fan of the light purple and red Aprilia factory colors on the newer Mille's. That might kind of look strange on the older models though. Kinda like putting new Ford Ranger wheels on a 1986 model... And I've seen people do that! I don't know if I could pull off a new model paint scheme on an older one. I better play it safe and not try it but damn it looks nice.

Unread 04-03-2008, 08:50 PM
Admin

Realistically real soon my bike will look like this. This is a 1999 model I'm pretty sure. My tail will look exactly like this one and the tank I'm getting is black although the composite lightweight for the RSVR model. The front fairing I'm getting is from an RSVR as well and has a crack in it. I'll be repairing the crack and I'll need to paint it to make it look right. I'm not sure how the side panels will look because the decals aren't exactly the same as mine but close.

I like the fluorescent rear section and lower with black front upper. I will probably roll like that for the summer. Even if I do the Suzuki Orange on the bike I'll need to put down a black base coat before hand anyhow. I can't wait to see what my bike will look like with the new parts on.
Unread 04-03-2008, 08:57 PM
Admin

Here is the Orange color I like right now. It looks better in person and if I throw a ton of metallic at it... that would be nice. My body work isn't near as sharp edged as the GSXR but I can put some nice lines in it.

Anything but ALL black... it just looks too damn stock!

Unread 10-21-2008, 07:27 AM
Admin

To update this thread I would like to say that I stuck with the traditional paint on my Aprilia Mille. This was purely for the sake of getting the bike back on the road! A nice paint job would have taken another month seeing how I would be doing it on the weekends.

Here is my bike as I have found a bright color rear cowl which matches the bottom of the Mille perfectly! I also happened to find a deal on a complete carbon fiber rear cowl and cover. You can see the cover on this picture. I have a black one as well. I like the bright color one but someday I want to try out the carbon fiber on my second Aprilia chassis that I plan on building with the new engine which I have began plan on here in this thread:
http://www.fourwheelforum.com/index.php?showtopic=205

Here is my bike with the tailbag. I like the black on the bike as long as I have the bright colors to break it up. I don't feel that safe when I'm all black and hard to see in traffic.

Also here is probably the most effort I've ever seen that went in to creating different paint schemes for Aprilia motorcycles. http://www.motomac.it/Aprilia_3.htm This is the work of fabiovicenti (as he is known on the AF1 / APriliaforum.com and he is from Italy. There are paint jobs illustrated onto different models such as Tuonos, Shivers, Milles and more. I've seen some of his work on Futuras and they were the best I've seen yet. Anything but the regular plain silver, black or red.

Fabiovicenti contributes to the AF1 ~ Aprilia Forum (http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/index.php) and his most recent Futura idea can be found here: http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthr...082#post2006082. Excellent!
Unread 02-12-2009, 08:57 AM
Admin

With paint jobs and colors on my mind I realized I completely forgot to add this picture to this thread. I took this back in the day at a dealership in Medford Oregon. I was in love with these bikes from the start! It was only a matter of time before I had one of my own.