FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > Cool Motorcycle Pictures & Stuff

Cool Motorcycle Pictures & Stuff Other motorcycle related stuff and some pictures.

Unread 09-29-2009, 09:52 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers
Default Avoid the Ebay for aftermarket, super low quality motorcycle parts scams! PLEASE

I advise everyone here so be SUPER SUPER careful when buying stuff from over there. Communicate with the seller once or twice before you buy the item to confirm is it WHAT YOU THINK IT IS. They misrepresent parts as original Honda alllll the time. They will give you all sorts of excuses saying that it's OEM - NOS - Honda Quality! - and the list goes on and on and on! They even put reman / aftermarket parts ON TOP of some original Honda packaging paper and boxes to trick you into thinking that is what the parts were wrapped in! WRONG!! I'm starting a new thread on this because fraudulent motorcycle parts are being misrepresented on Ebay more and more.

** Here we go, my rant of the day. :-) I've seen so many people get screwed by bad sellers and PP so I have to just drop everyone a hint here so bear with me **

Here is another tip. BUY SHADY ITEMS WITH A CREDIT CARD. Link up a major credit card with your Paypal and let them fight the fraud - that's what you pay them for. Don't let Paypal take directly from your bank acct. if you deal with anything from out of the country or something that seems too good to be true! That way you can make a request to Paypal to be nice. They will deny you of course - then you just have your money refunded by the CC company and then Paypal will contact you immediately and say they are working to punish the fraudulent seller. A friend of mine just went through this and it's the only way he rolls now.
Unread 09-29-2009, 09:54 PM
Admin

1. Ask the seller if the item is made by Honda.
2. Ask them if the actual part you are getting is the one in the auction picture.
Unread 09-29-2009, 10:00 PM
Admin

Watch out for sellers like "jamina_75" who has already been pointed out on this forum for selling parts that do not even fit the application that they are being sold for. I KNOW that this seller puts his crappy reproduction parts on top of "Honda Genuine Parts" plastic bags to trick buyers.

Then they say "wait I will process refund soon". They keep on telling you to wait so that you fall out of the 30 day period that Ebay allows you to report a fraudulent sale! I've almost fallen victim to the "hold on and soon you will see your money back" scam myself. I know a couple of my friends have gotten hit with this too. It happens way more than we know.

I mean looking at some of these guys parts that they have listed you can tell that they are ALL reproduction crap! Check out what else they are selling besides what you are thinking about buying.
Unread 09-29-2009, 10:08 PM
Admin

Be careful when you evaluate how good a seller is by the feedback ratings!

There are Ebay sellers that own and use other ebay accounts to make transactions back and forth to boost the feedback!! They do this ALL THE TIME.

I contacted ebay in every way multiple times and they haven't done a damn thing about it. It was so obvious too! The seller didn't just use two accounts either. I was able to look up his items sold and confirm a LOT of super low price items on his sales list and easily see that they were all bought by a few accounts. Then the item detail histories are removed after a short time automatically and you can tell what the item was or how valuable it was. It just makes the seller look like he's selling tons of crap and that the buyers are wayyyy too happy with the transaction! It's crazy.

Ebay KNOWS about this and just lets it continue on. Why? MONEY. They make so much off of things being listed and sold that they just sweep things under the rug. They just use the excuse that they don't follow up on smaller items because they have a lot more larger problems to resolve. BS!!! They are just making money and loving it. If they ban and remove all these crook Ebay sellers they just lose that much more money from transactions and fees.

Unread 09-29-2009, 10:18 PM
Admin

Also if you are bidding on an item early WATCH OUT for people bidding against you!! The crook sellers will have multiple accounts that they use to bump up the prices.

The only way to protect yourself when bidding on ANYTHING is to bid during the last few seconds.

I was looking to buy a piece of rubber trim for a Honda once. This is a piece that was about $2 and there are hundreds of the same exact item for sale on Ebay at any given time. Well I threw a bid on it instead of hitting the "watch this item" button. Just because I knew FOR SURE that there was no way that anyone would bid against me on this item and I should have been the winning bidder - end of story, no question about it. WELL GUESS WHAT? That low life piece of shit seller used another account to actually BID AGAINST ME for that $2 item! Can you believe that? What is wrong with this world? Oh I sent him a few emails right away and spent a lot of time reporting this to Ebay on multiple occasions. Ebay just tells you that they will look into it and your case is instantly lost. Actually I asked them if there was a case number I could have or some sort of way to track the incident. I'm surprised the person on the phone didn't just laugh in my face because they just don't even enter it into any "system" of any kind. I don't even think there is a dollar amount that would determine if Ebay would take any interest in resolving any situation. Them taking any action or even looking into any bad transaction all depends on if they lose any money because of the authorities taking action, or the credit cards pulling the funds.
Unread 09-29-2009, 10:22 PM
Admin

I have witnessed friends being ripped off by sellers and because they don't take immediate action - their chances drop dramatically. Stay on top of your transactions no matter what and demand tracking information, demand invoices for completed orders, demand communication and if something feels wrong - it is!

If the seller has the time to take your money then they have time to immediately ship the item out and answer your emails. Don't take any BS.

If you are buying parts from Thailand or somewhere the shipment should not take any longer than 2 weeks! So stay on top of the time schedule by asking for the exact day it was shipped out and count down the days that pass on a calendar. Remember that you are paying so much for shipping that you really need to be careful about the items that you are buying. Ask questions! Don't waste your money on something that you are not sure of.
Unread 04-09-2010, 05:54 AM
Admin

In response to another members question here about buying a headlight for $50 from Thailand that was claimed by the seller to work on both a 6 volt AND a 12 volt powered Honda motorcycle. Of course we all know this is a false claim by the seller but they don't care because the average buyer will buy it anyways believing anything they read. BUT THIS IS NOT THE AVERAGE Fourwheelforum.com reader! NopE! That's why your hear reading about how people get ripped off by Thai Ebay sellers. Please read on about some more of my experience with the Ebay aftermarket and Ebay sellers from Thailand.

My thoughts on an overpriced $50 plastic crap headlight sold by a lying Thai ebay seller:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's because it's coming from Thailand and they don't care about their items once it's out the door and on the plane over here. The moment you pay for any of their items THEY WIN, game over. We will never pay to ship anything back to them so they have the perfect scam going. Plus they have multiple eBay accounts so they buy things back and forth from each other to boost their ebay seller ratings. I've spent a lot of time tracking how this works and I actually PROVED it to eBay and contacted them a dozen times by phone and email to try and get them to take some kind of action against one seller in particular but they won't do shit.

I have spotted fake parts being sold on Ebay and one thing that I paid for was actually fake and I accidentally paid for it. Moments later I realized I was going to get a fake and the Thai seller gave me a few excuses and refused to respond as he knew I wasn't going to leave him alone. Then he tried to drag out the refund process in order to get past the certain amount of time that you have in order to file a claim to get the review and refund process going. And it was for a really cheap part! They will fight for every single penny. Him fighting for a couple bucks shows how vicious they are, even on such a petty item.

When you think about it Ebay will lose money by any actions they take to throttle back or punish a seller so they don't want to penalize sellers. They MAKE more money the more buyers get screwed. It's a huge problem. Plus there are much bigger fish to fry in the Ebay world than Thai people selling worthless junk for small amounts of money.

$50 is INSANE for that piece of crap and I urge everyone to stop buying reproduced JUNK from Thailand. It will all break just by being exposed to the sunlight for a day anyways. They represent parts as being original Honda and you will notice a lot of parts will be repro parts placed ON TOP of Honda packaging! This makes me mad.

You just have to be able to distinguish real Honda parts and verify this by asking if it is actually a REAL Honda brand part. And watch out for their tricky terms like "original style honda part" "new stock original honda part" and other such fake claims that they use.

aaron7 just hang in there and you will get a REAL headlight enclosure for less money that can be cleaned and polished right up. These things aren't so rare that we have to bend over and buy plastic that looks like the original part. I contacted a seller about buying the glass out of a whole front end assembly he had for sale and he seriously sent me the whole headlight for free without me even asking.

I've seen a lot of people get ripped on ebay
so I have to just warn people about buying things from Thailand. Not to say I never have... I've ordered REAL Honda pistons, rings and gasket sets from over there with good results for sure. I've also ordered repro parts to try them out and they are always of the worst quality. The parts made of plastic is SupeR thin and the rubber will start cracking in one month. People complain about handlebars from there, cables not being the right ones and the list goes on and on. Considering their average income over there ebay is a goldmine for them so you have to realize how much they are asking for those parts in relation to how much it actually costs them to make them over there... near nothing. Honda has been going after repro companies over there for years for all the reasons I have listed above. Their trademark is just destroyed by these Thai guys. I'm going to repost this in the Ebay scam section.