FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > Cool Motorcycle Pictures & Stuff

Cool Motorcycle Pictures & Stuff Other motorcycle related stuff and some pictures.

Unread 01-03-2008, 09:08 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

First of all SEND IN SOME PICTURES of your old Honda if you have some! Just email them to [email protected]. I can smear out the license plates or resize them if needed so don't worry about that stuff.

I would REALLY REALLY like to see some old original pictures of people with their bikes! That would be really neat to see a bunch of pictures of old Honda motorcycles with their owners and girlfriends even =] kids? whatever! You get bonus points if you have a mullet while sitting on your motorcycle. Remember that people really didn't have to wear helmets back then so the mullet flowing in the wind while riding was king!
Unread 01-03-2008, 09:40 PM
Admin

First up to bat in the readers ride section is our friend out in Oklahoma who has brought back to life a NICE 1967 Honda CL125a. The owner rode a 1968 CL125 all over the place when he was in high school looking for trouble and now he has found and restored a '67. He sounds like he's keeping this one! Below we'll start out with his "before" pictures which show great potential with all of the original running gear. This is a great find since all of the labor was "free" and fuel, paint and sparkplugs are relatively cheap. That's all she took to get running right? Welllll that's what we tell ourselves (or our significant others) as we jump into these restoration projects. :lol:

Yes I have used the tape on the seat trick myself on my old CL70.

Some very nice paintwork on this machine and I believe that it's shinier than it was when it was on the showroom floor.

So what's next for this Honda owner? Why a Benly 150 restoration of course. The prime candidate is already in the stables waiting for some attention.

Soon I will be getting pictures up of my old CL70 (now owned by a good friend who wouldn't mind selling it back) which is the exact same type as teh above but smaller of course. These are the bikes that bring back the memories indeed.
Unread 02-13-2008, 10:52 PM
Admin

This is one of my favorite all time old Honda pictures I have found. They had streetfighters back in the day too! I bet that bike used to run good! I hope I can get mine running strong like the young horse it used to be.

Unread 02-19-2008, 06:04 AM
Admin

From out over in Texas here's a near perfect red 150 that, according to the owner, is due for a top end rebuild. It's not everyday you get to see a Honda that's been properly stored so seeing an original red Honda Benly that isn't faded is surprising.

**Note the high performance air filter removal mod.
Unread 07-08-2008, 05:28 PM
Admin

Here is good guy Rob out in Indiana restoring his CA95 back into service! Nice work.

Robs Black Honda CA95 page

He's got a fancy pants Youtube video of him riding it around in a grass field on his webpage. Very nice. Time to grow that webpage and post some more pictures and info of your bike Rob!
Unread 07-08-2008, 05:49 PM
Admin

Peter up in Ontario Canada sent me some pictures of his PERFECT scarlet red 1966 model C95 & his black one as well. He was happy to see the insides of my CA95 as his C95 has only 2 main bearings. He mentioned that the CB160's he's ridden before (centered timing chain I believe and 3 main bearings) felt much stronger than his C95's. Well now I want to see the insides of a 2 main bearing Honda engine. :huh:

Peter is now working on restoring a Royal Blue C95 at this time. When his collection of red, black and blue Hondas is complete I expect some more pictures! Now how about a white one? Thank goodness for Peter they never made a white 95 model. =] At least I don't think so...

Check out those mean handlebars!

His new Red CBR125R also looks like a lot of fun! Too bad we don't see anything like those in the states. I'm sure they would sell. Peter commented a bit on riding his new Honda:

Quote:
The sport bike in some of the pictures is a 2008 CBR125R. My first new bike ever. The CBR125 is the closest Honda I've seen in years to the spirit of the old CB92 of the early sixties, and has the performance of a CB160 twin or better.
Thanks for the pix Peter.