FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > Honda Superhawk 250 / CB72

Honda Superhawk 250 / CB72 My pride and joy =]

Unread 02-10-2008, 10:01 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

So for my CB72 Honda 250 I basically want to ride it. I'm not planning some huge restoration so I can take it to bike shows and have judges comb it over. I want to ride this old bike all over the place. It has enough power to take up and down the coast and these Honda's are very dependable. I get way more satisfaction from riding these old bikes around town out in the open for people to look at and remember about when times were simple! People freak out when they see the old Honda motorcycles riding around or parked on the side of the street. They really get a kick out of hearing and seeing them.

I would like to put an electronic ignition on it but it's a 360 degree crank, Japan only model so I'll have to do a little electrical engineering in order to make that happen. I know the digital ignition kits are available for the 180 degree cranks so that might give me a head start. If anyone has any info on a source for a 360 degree kit please drop me hint and email me.

I was planning on riding my CB72 on a couple very long trips but I need to source some consumable parts out first. I'm not all that confident in the points or the rectifier. If I could have an extra set on hand I would take off on a long trip without much worry. Also the key to being able to take the Honda on a long trip would be to fit some modern streetbike tires. From the info I have Perelli seem to be my best bet for some 18 and 19 inch modern tires. This week I will be searching for some options and I will let people know what I find. I'm going to visit a Dunlop tire distributor this week and I hope he will have some information or better yet... some tires for me!

So far for the Honda CB72 I have a new battery, I got the starter rebuilt and working like new, the starter clutch is brand new and the chain isn't half bad. The CB72 carbs looked great and they have new bowl gaskets now. I'm very close to having her up and running! I just hope that getting the a new registration won't be too much of a hassle.
Unread 06-14-2008, 06:57 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Here is how it sits right now. I've been so damn busy on other projects I haven't had time to play with it lately.

NO TIME at all. Me and my brother in law just went and bought a 1979 MGB Roadster for him and I'm rebuilding the top end on it starting this weekend.