FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > Honda Superhawk 250 / CB72

Honda Superhawk 250 / CB72 My pride and joy =]

Unread 10-18-2007, 01:00 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Wow I haven't had to replace a motorcycle tube in years. All of my modern streetbikes have had cast rims. Of course having spokes on these old Hondas requires the use of tubes. Back in the day we used to patch tubes up since they were more expensive. Now with tubes being so cheap we just replace the whole thing. Why mess around? Having to take the tire off a second time is the worst thing. I found a set of tubes at my local shop for $7 a piece. Not bad.

The Honda CB72 rear tire is a 3.00-18 and the front is a 2.75-18 skinny! I'm looking into getting modern replacements so I don't dump the thing around a corner. These tires I have now are accurate to the time and I can't seem to find the same tread pattern. About all the tire mfg's of the time stopped producing them and other brands have been making them currently. I have found that Bridgestone and Metzeler are making the tires in this size which I plan on posting info on sometime in the near future. As for now I'm going to throw caution to the wind and use these old IRC and Pirelli tires because they look cool!

Yeah they do have some cracks in them but nothing to cause alarm. I just won't be dragging my knees or going anywhere above 60mph. I also had a chance to add lockwashers to the fender bolts and check to make sure things were tight. These old bikes will vibrate the bolts right out of them if you don't put lockwashers on them. I could use a new rear sprocket so I'll be hunting for one but my chain is in great shape and the chain wax makes things nice and smooth.
Unread 10-18-2007, 01:01 AM
Admin

The brakes are like new, the axle bearings have grease in them and we're almost ready for liftoff. I did notice that a couple spokes need tightening so I'll be doing that when a warm afternoon comes around.

Unread 08-30-2011, 05:00 PM

Hey isn't this the CL72, not the CB72? I thought the CL models had raised exhausts and whatnot for "offroad riding."
Unread 08-30-2011, 08:50 PM
Admin

This is a very tricked out CB72!