FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 03-23-2013, 03:46 PM

Default ca 150 timing issue

hi i am a newby to this forum.what a bundle of information.i have just rebuilt my 63 ca ,pistons,and new top end.with motor back together and the bottom t mark where it aligns with index mark ,all valves should be lose,but only three are.not sure what ive done wrong.as i move the crank i cant even find a position where all the valves are lose at the same time. any ideas what could be wrong
Unread 03-25-2013, 05:30 PM

well,found the problem.after going over many thread found the answer on page 21 of this forum. after setting tge valves ,left cylinder first,then rotting motor to one revolution and setting valves.the timng advance lobe turned 180 degrees bingo it fired right up
Unread 03-25-2013, 11:39 PM

Hi RR, sorry for not replying to your first post, I did see it and meant to get back to you but must have got distracted and your post moved away from the top of the pile.
This forum is quite small by forum standards and there are only a handfull of regular posters that sooner or later would have replied.
If you ever get stuck for info, just pick on someone who has a lot of posts to their name and send a PM, don't be shy, people do do this.
Anyway, seems you figured it out for yourself
Changing the subject some, you live in Canada, do you in fact have a CA95 or do you have the Canadian C95 version. (valve timing still the same though)

Welcome to our little world.

Sam.
Unread 03-26-2013, 05:08 AM

Default newby fron the north

thanks for the welcome sam.my honda is an early version 63 ca serial no.c95e-3019358. i thought this is the us version,but not sure.i have used this site for a year and have just recently figured out how to complete the regestration.
Unread 03-26-2013, 11:55 AM

RR, your bike is a C95, not a CA95, quite a few differences, the Canadian C95 even has quite a few differences to the UK model.
A few of the differences are mentioned in this thread.
http://www.fourwheelforum.com/showthread.php?t=1796

Sam.