FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 04-10-2013, 02:09 PM

Default tank badges

my honda c95 is what i believe to be a early 63 serial no c95e-3019358 .i have started the hunt for tank badges.not sure if mine are very rare but any that i have seen online have different hole centres than mine. they are 56mm from hole to hole. anyone having info on this would be great or even some for sale.they dont have tobe original just look good.i bought some earlier but they were about 35mm centre to centre and i even have an original one 35mm c toc in rough shape.
Unread 04-11-2013, 01:37 AM

Send a message via AIM to ByTheLake

Are you able to post a picture of your tank panels?

From what I can tell, the C95 had the same badges as the CA95. I'm wondering if you have a tank from a 160? Do you think your fuel tank is original?

Spokes is more knowledgeable on this topic than I am, but I stumbled on something similar when I purchased what were alleged to be CA95 tank panels, but the tank badge recess was much larger. My original CA95 panel is at the top in the picture below, and the CA160 panel is at the bottom.

I thought the C95 and CA95 tank badges should have a mounting screw that runs through the wing, like in the picture below.

If the screw doesn't touch a wing, than it sounds more like a tank panel or fuel tank from a 160. Again, any pictures would help us nail this down.
Unread 04-11-2013, 05:24 AM

And why did Honda do that????? Putting screw hole in the wing was a bad design decision.
I suspect BTL is on to a subtlety I hadn't noticed before (I do mostly 160s).
Unread 04-11-2013, 01:04 PM

well i have two emblems one has the hole in the wing and has honda 150 on it.the screw holes areabout 33mm apart.my other emblem is bigger 55mm centre to centre,it is the silver version,but also says honda 150 below the wing.it looks to be original but only looks im no expert.in the future i hope to post pictures...
Unread 04-11-2013, 01:36 PM

The smaller emblem is from the CA95, the larger emblem is from the CA160. The tank side panels from both models are interchangable. I would not be suprised if someone overseas is making "aftermarket" emblems and does not know the difference, thus the larger emblem with 150 on it.

Funny that this topic popped up at this moment. I was at the Honda dealer yesterday and was looking at what I think is a new Goldwing. The emblem on the Goldwing is about the same size as the CA95...and is quite nice. The next time I'm there I intend to inquire or just buy a pair, maybe this is the answer to nice aftermarket emblems for the CA95.
Unread 04-11-2013, 04:17 PM

hi spokes. i have the larger emblem ,and it says honda 150 on it,did the early 160 use a 150 emblem. i guess my emblem could also be a imitation.how far apart are the emblems on the 160 this emblem i have is 55mm centre to centre
Unread 04-11-2013, 04:24 PM

spokes i read your thread again and must not have caught it the first time,someone is making aftermarket badges for the wrong bike.i guess this means my side panels are off a 160. and here i thought mine was all original ,cause it was from a neighbors barn that had been there for years...thanks for opening my eyes...rob