FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 01-31-2013, 03:54 AM

Default Replacement Seats

Looked through the forum and did not find a definitive seat thread.

Since replacement seats seem to be so cheap, thinking about hanging up my original and using a replacement.

I've got a good (extra) seat frame I plan to re-cover.

Has anyone had any dealings with "gumtwo" on eBay? His feedback seems to be highly positive.

Since eBay listings are here today, done tomorrow, I attach an image of the item I have in mind for future visitors to this thread.

CA95SeatCover.jpg

Last edited by JoeM; 01-31-2013 at 12:56 PM.
Unread 01-31-2013, 03:58 AM

And how about those solo seats & racks out of Thailand? I saw on an earlier thread that one of the sellers is willing to do the rack in chrome, and seat any color you want.

Who's happy with the Thailand seats, including the dual seat if you got one of those?
Unread 01-31-2013, 06:23 AM

I happen to have a dual seat new , and assume from T-land. The quality is fair and I certainly would use it for daily riders. But it's not Honda. Since these seats are more like a frame and springs rather than a seat pan they are pretty easy to do and I've replaced/recovered one CA seat with good results. The cover was aftermarket from Vietnam and I was pleased with the results for my first cover job.
There is fella in my town that restores seats (he is on ebay too) at an expensive rate but the work looks great.
We've worked the single seat issue a bit here and I think there is no question folks like them- If you are a little taller, like me, I find it moves me pretty far forward. I usually sit about where the strap rides( on the tandem seat) or just bit back from that. Something to consider.
Unread 01-31-2013, 09:35 AM

Send a message via AIM to ByTheLake

Here's my seat replacement experience:

My original intent was to re-cover the original seat, but the original foam was mostly disintegrated, and the original seat frame was so rusted that the screws snapped in two. Since the aftermarket seats were so affordable, I went that route. I considered a solo seat, which looks nicer to me, but since the Benly is such a small bike, I felt I needed the room to stretch out on the longer saddle. When I ride my CA95, I tend to sit in the center of the dual saddle, so I'm glad I took that route.

The eBay seller was siam_motorparts1982, who has 99.0% positive feedback. I bought mine 2/29/2012 for $69.99, with shipping costing $79.99, for a total of $147.98. The seat looks fine, is comfortable, and the "Honda" stencil on the back is straight.

Unread 02-01-2013, 01:30 PM

Bought mine from gumtwoon ebay. It was fine. Shipped quicky and was as described
Unread 02-17-2013, 08:37 AM

Got my seat cover from gumtwo. Seems ok, fast delivery. It'll probably be forever before I mount it on my spare seat frame.

Here's some detailed photos of the cover, strap, stitching, piping, and stencil

Seat1.jpg

Seat2.jpg

Seat3.jpg