FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > Honda Dream CA160

Honda Dream CA160 The old black horse

Unread 08-13-2011, 12:12 PM

Default Stator help!

Hi everyone, I have been messing around in the ca95 forums, and it has been a great help. I know this forum is for ca160s' but I am hoping someone here can help me with my cb160? I am trying to remove the stator from the left side, case cover, but It isn't budging. I removed the left case cover with the stator still attached, and I removed three bolts holding the stator in, but it still isn't coming out. There is nothing that I can see that would be holding the stator in the side cover. Do these things tend to get stuck int he side covers or what? Do I have to pry it out with a screwdriver? Also, My motorcycle never had any trouble starting, but since I took off the left side case cover off, I have lost all spark. What the heck did I get myself into? Any help would be most appreciated. Thank you very much, and again, I apologize that this is cb (not ca) related.

-Kevin
Unread 08-13-2011, 12:51 PM

I guess ca and cb bottom ends are pretty much the same right? So Im sure you guys will be able to help Thanks again.
Unread 08-13-2011, 01:11 PM

Don't pry off (or out) the stator from the cover. Double check that there are no remaining screws. Rest the aluminum side cover on two pieces of wood and use a short dowel rod to tap the stator free of the cover.

You should not have to remove the stator to inspect it. If the bike was running and now not, it may not be the stator.

Inspect the stator for cracks and broken wires. If no problem found then reassemble and look for loose connections and broken wires. By chance, check the external wire that goes to the condenser. The problem could be that easy to fix
Unread 08-14-2011, 09:05 PM

Got it running. It was only a dead battery, haha. Thank goodness! And thanks for the help spokes!