FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 05-13-2010, 06:42 AM

Default Not often

I look in any of the other forums on this board as most don't intrest me.
I was just having a quick look round and noticed that our CA95 forum is by far the busiest but,.....ain't it been quiet the last two days.
Off line now, sees ya next Monday, ya'll have a nice weekend now.

Sam.
Unread 05-13-2010, 08:40 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Not often I do this!

I have an update I flew off my Aprilia out racing around the backcountry on Sunday so I've been doing a little physical therapy on my own - and eating as much healthy food and protein as possible to that my bruises heal up asap. I basically just couldn't handle the full corner at the speed I was going and ran off into the dirt shoulder and proceeded to lay it down in the thick green grass. It was the last stretch of road on a few hour ride with some of my buddies. I jumped off to do a nice tuck and roll out over the top of it. Got right back up without a scratch. I was in some of my best riding gear and it did a spectacular job of distributing the impact forces through out the arm and should protection areas. I just need to do a little bodywork, install some replacement air side scoops and make a new front fairing bracket (or buy one for some $$) and I'll be back on the road in no time. I bent the front back to clear the steering and rode it home without a problem.

My buddy Fred helped get the old bike up for me and supplied the zip ties

Super Wicked turn #297 out of 1000 awesome corners we have in our backyard here. The thing just kept turning and turning...

Not too much damage - Some assembly required:
Unread 05-14-2010, 06:12 AM

Glad you're OK Ryan, you silly arse

Sam.
Unread 05-18-2010, 11:29 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Staying in shape really saved my butt. And also making the decision to ride off into the grass was a great idea that really reduced the impact on both me and the bike. I'm actually making some improvements to the front brackets and the headlights. Plus I'm ready for some small changes to my graphics on the bike. I should go get my 160 from my sisters house and cruise it around since it's the bike that I have running.
Unread 05-19-2010, 12:27 AM

The 160s OK but be carefull with all that power.

Sam.