FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 01-17-2013, 04:50 PM

Send a message via AIM to ByTheLake

Maybe the connections simply were oxidized, and messing with the connections has scraped them clean. Can't be that much snow by you - take it for a spin.
Unread 01-19-2013, 08:42 PM

Checked out things a little more and I think I didn't have the rectifier grounded well enough. The rectifier checked out ok after I pulled it off the harness. With the rectifier connected to the harness and the switch unplugged should the voltage at on the wires that woudld go to DY and SE on the swithc read the same as the battery voltage? Mine does.

Glad I don't have it running yet the packed snow on my farm yard melted enough to make glare ice that is very risky to just walk on it!!
Unread 01-20-2013, 04:27 AM

Send a message via AIM to ByTheLake

Sounds like you're in good shape. Yeah, I've got ice everywhere myself. Had 36 degrees yesterday, so the snow melted a bit and a light rain fell, but it's 16 now and everything is a glossy mess. A good day to stay indoors with a home brew
Unread 01-23-2013, 04:49 PM

Default Still struggling

Things seemed to be working mostly ok one night, the next day things that were working weren't working. Decided to open the ign. switch up. The person that worked on it last had the part with the wires on it inserted wrong.....off by about 1/4 turn. Cleaned it up, was quite guncked up and put it back together.

When taking it apart naturally things fell out before I could tell how everything was inside but then it may not have been correct anyway. I turned the tranglular pieces with the contacts so that the spring beneath them looked like they lined up. Except one of them was hard to tell for sure which way it should go.

Tried it and everything was working except the tail light and spark to the plugs(Ithink, maybe it worked afterward...too much to remember) which had worked before taking the switch apart. Any way 6v going to the coil and 6v to the points and have a piece of cardboard between the points when not checking for spark.

Will pull the switch apart again and try to tell if something is out of place.

Can anyone try to instruct me about how those trianglular pieces are turned inside the switch? I didn't have them all the same way, I think I had one that was pointed toward the outside of the switch.

Thanks for any help that you might think of.
Unread 01-24-2013, 07:18 AM

Here you go!