FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > 1969 Honda CL70 Scrambler!

1969 Honda CL70 Scrambler! My old dirt bike returns!

Unread 06-07-2010, 03:31 PM

Default New 1969 CL 70 owner with some questions

This is my first bike. My girlfriend's father picked it up for me at a vintage race and the bike is really cool. This is all new to me so excuse my lack of knowledge. I was wondering what other model bike parts would be interchangeable with my CL 70? Specifically, i need to get a muffler and wanted to know what my options were. Later on, i'll need to replace things like the clutch cable, brake cable, front turn signals, rear view mirrors, but i'm not sure which parts would work without some trial and error.

Did Honda ever publish any sort of technical manuals that listed which parts are interchangeable between the different models? I've been unable to find any documentation online for this bike This is strange to me since i come from a computer background and all the technical information you could ever want for computer components is readily available online. It's a shame that the major manufacturers don't scan these manuals and upload them online.

Here is a picture of the bike, so far

Last edited by Rabitepoo; 06-08-2010 at 04:21 PM. Reason: second picture was way too big and i don't want to resize it.
Unread 06-10-2010, 11:34 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Yeah you SHOULD try and get original parts for it as they work the best. There definitely is not any material out there about cross referencing parts on these bikes. And the people that do get lucky enough to fit something else on always fabricate it and make them custom. You can either get comfortable welding mufflers or look for some original pipes which work very very good. You should also find some rubber boots for the front forks. It would look a lot better with those on. You bike looks to be in extremely good and original shape. Keep it that way~! These CL's with the Scrambler type fuel tanks are pretty rare. And these bikes being rare doesn't mean they are worth very much. It just means you probably won't ever see another one in person. They are just cool bikes and are pretty awesome to cruise around on, on and offroad. I love using mine for a pit bike at race tracks. They are big enough so you don't look like an idiot riding one of those 50cc dirt bikes around. Plus you can take two people around pretty easy.