FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 11-25-2012, 07:37 PM

Below is a pic of my Build From Scratch CA95. This fender was new old stock and not damaged in any way.

All of my fenders were damaged the same way everybodies else is. I work back the flare with body shop tools and cover any remaining flaws sins with body filler and spot putty.

I have several prestine carb tubes and clamps. PM me with an address and I'll send you one. I don't use them as I retro fit aftermarket filters on mine.

JC Whitney carries the perfect clutch & brake lever replacements for low money.
Unread 12-03-2012, 09:09 AM

Well, I did some cleaning of the bike last night and I found the frame number. The bike is a '63, and the frame number is 21 off from the engine number (525 vs. 504). I'm guessing it is the original engine in that case, it's certainly close enough.

I found some usable parts on e-bay last night, so I have the sprocket cover and clutch/brake levers on the way. I'm soaking the engine in ATF to try to get it unstuck, but I'll probably be pulling it and rebuilding at some point in the future.

Also, the screws on the side of the engine cases - they're probably JIS, correct? I'm assuming as long as I find the correct thread pitch, diameter and length modern stainless screws will work just fine?
Unread 12-03-2012, 02:45 PM

Send a message via AIM to ByTheLake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
Also, the screws on the side of the engine cases - they're probably JIS, correct? I'm assuming as long as I find the correct thread pitch, diameter and length modern stainless screws will work just fine?
Yes, JIS standard threads, pre-1967. I learned about the details during some research I was doing during my project, and summarized them in this thread.

Yes, modern stainless will work fine. For my engine cases, I went with stainless button head socket (Allen) screws. The button heads are nicely low-profile and look nice. I ordered them from Bolt Depot at this link.

Spokes did a fine job of summarizing the number of each size of M6 screws you'll need in this thread. I'd recommend getting a couple of extra screws of each size, since they're cheap.