FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Truck Talk > Tire & Suspension Talk

Tire & Suspension Talk The most important handling aspect of every vehicle...

Unread 12-25-2006, 11:04 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Things have really been going well with all of the offroading I've done so far. I haven't seen any unexpected rubbing anywhere and the articulation has been controlled perfectly under stress. I do plan on relocating the linkage mounting points on the axle but I am planning to put in my 9" rear when my engine is done anyways so I knew I could make those changes when that time comes.

Ahhh I can't wait to get my engine in and done so I can start on a new rear bumper so I can haul my little quad/motorcycle trailer around. Then I can start re-nforcing the cab with a cage. But for now I'm happy as hell with the rear end.

Take a look at the fender abuse that has been going on above the rear tires! haha and I still haven't bottomed out metal to metal because I have to restrain myself due to the lack of bump stops. It I had a pair installed I really wouldn't hold back so it's a good thing actually. I'll get some under there eventually when I put in my 9" rear, no doubt.

Unread 03-08-2007, 10:48 PM
Admin

More pictures:

Unread 01-26-2009, 10:26 PM
Admin

I kinda realized that I don't have that many pictures of the back end. So here is another showing the slight body lift of just over 2 inches. I got some 3in lift spacers and cut them down a bit. I got some aluminum blocks that I milled down to use underneath the cab. It worked great but I plan on putting some tubing up and through the cab to go from side to side. This will be a light rollcage and cab support since the jumping starts to take it's toll on the cab. The seats will also mount to the tubing that goes from side to side. Anyhow that's all the works.

Unread 01-26-2009, 11:03 PM
Admin

I like this shot showing the rear just touching the ground and the front end not coming so close at all. I'm getting motivated to get the rear taken care of this spring once I get my new engine installed.