FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Tools, Electronics & Stereo Stuff > Tools, Machines and Shop Toys

Unread 01-06-2009, 09:54 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers
Default Top Tool! Keurig Coffee Machine

It was a little quirky setting up right out of the box but once you figure things out you will love the Keurig Coffee maker.

TIPS FOR Keurig Machine n00bs:
You just have to make sure it's full of water and then hit the power button to make it heat up for a while. Then run it a couple of times and it will be ready. It may take a day for the "not ready" indication to go away but it will.

The machine basically heats up the water when you turn it on. Then when you load a "k-cup" (the Keurig style plastic cups full of coffee, tea, cocoa etc.) and close the machine it will flash a small or larger cup on the LCD for you to select the time spent dispensing hot water.

The machines power will turn off after a long while and you will have to turn it on and wait for it to warm up again when the time comes that you desire another cup. There is a programmable timer so that your machine will be ready and warmed up when you wake up or whenever.

Unread 01-06-2009, 09:58 PM
Admin

HOT Tips (LOL sorry I had to):

To get a whole larger cup of coffee out of this thing I hit the brew button and let the system prime and run for a couple seconds and just before the hot water comes out I turn it off. Then I turn it on again, pull up the opening mechanism and close it so the machine will prompt you for the cup size to pour again. Then when you hit the size button it will start pumping hot water instantly and go through the full cycle of time that it is programmed to pour.

Here is the Keurig with the top open showing the inserting of the k-cup thingy.
Unread 01-06-2009, 10:01 PM
Admin

There are all sorts of flavors of cups you can pick up at stores like Kohl's or order off the web. Santa also brought me a carousel that holds the cups and spins around. I was surprised to see hot chocolate and tea available but it makes sense.

I have been told that you can open up the k-cup of hot chocolate and pour it into your cup when it's done brewing to get the most out of it. I have run the bold coffee flavored cups through twice. But I take it out and shake it or tap it against the counter before I put it back in for the second round. It works just fine with the darker flavors but not so tasty with the regular strengths.

Unread 01-06-2009, 10:10 PM
Admin

Review and Keurig machine info, click the links in the appropriate sentences:

Peoples comments about the Keurig machines over at all-about-coffee-makers.com . There are all sorts of models of these machines and some people naturally have a hard time working electronics so don't draw any conclusions from any comments. My machine has worked perfectly and you just get used to the routine. It's well worth it.

www.singleservecoffee.com has all SORTS of info and reviews on the Keurig. A little too much information for my taste but if you're hunting for a site to read about the coffee makers it's a good one.

The official Keurig website! Check it out.

www.greenmountaincoffee.com Sponsored by Keurig? Made and distributed by Keurig? Probably but who cares it's good stuff.
Unread 12-06-2011, 09:45 AM

Send a message via AIM to ByTheLake

For you Starbucks fans, Starbucks coffee is now available for Keurig machines.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/industrie...s-in-november/

Unread 12-06-2011, 09:10 PM
Admin

It's amazing how the K-cups have caught on. I try not to use too many of them. It's an expensive habit. I should add up how many I use for fun. We use coupons at Kohl which gives $10 off when you buy stuff there so we pick up a pack of the K-cups for nearly nothing.