FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > 1969 Honda CL70 Scrambler!

1969 Honda CL70 Scrambler! My old dirt bike returns!

Unread 02-23-2011, 10:57 AM

Default Pic's of finished cl70

Unread 02-24-2011, 08:47 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

That thing is looking great. That's all these things need. Just buff everything out, maybe buff the paint shiny, new tires, seat if needed and it's good to go. Were your original foot peg rubbers good enough or did you find some new ones? I got the China aftermarket ones and they started cracking after 6 mos.

Did you source that exhaust system off of Ebay or locally? You found a nearly perfect one I see. So the engine is running like a top? Mine has had a good amount of use over the years and I can still ride wheelies without much trouble. These bikes are little billy goats.

Last edited by Smithers; 02-24-2011 at 08:54 AM.
Unread 02-25-2011, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithers View Post
That thing is looking great. That's all these things need. Just buff everything out, maybe buff the paint shiny, new tires, seat if needed and it's good to go. Were your original foot peg rubbers good enough or did you find some new ones? I got the China aftermarket ones and they started cracking after 6 mos.

Did you source that exhaust system off of Ebay or locally? You found a nearly perfect one I see. So the engine is running like a top? Mine has had a good amount of use over the years and I can still ride wheelies without much trouble. These bikes are little billy goats.
I had to purchase new foot rubbers and rear pegs. I got both from ebay, the foot rubbers are probably china i purchased from tammy.... can't remember her user name but she has a bunch of stuff listed for a cl70.

I treat all my rubber with 100% silicone oil. It's non-petroleum so won't harm the rubber, good stuff give it a try.

The exhaust is new, except the heat shields i reused. The thing had been sitting on a dealers shelf for years. I had looked for a year and couldn't even find a used one, then this popped up on ebay as well.

I baby my little cl70 for the most part, but have a cx500 that i give hell to.
Unread 09-22-2011, 09:03 PM

hi nice bike..