FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > Honda Dream CA160

Honda Dream CA160 The old black horse

Unread 09-27-2012, 01:20 PM

Default Turn signal mounting troubles...my fix

When I purchased my 1966 CA160 it had apparently been equipped with add on turn signals. The PO removed them prior to my getting the bike but left some pretty ugly holes in the headlight fairing (Pic 1&2). Since the bike is 90 percent (or better) original paint I was left with the quandary of what to do with the holes. I have another unmolested (read no extra holes) fairing but in black. I didn't want the hassle of trying to paint match and I didn't want to shop for a proper unmolested red fairing. I sure didn't want to try to weld up the holes.
I had been aware of some decorative metal hole plugs and thought it might make a suitable fix (pic 3). As you can see these also have a nice bright finish, but they could be scuffed and painted. I simply took a small grinding bit and enlarged the hole to the proper size, inserted and flattened the tabs on the back side. I am very please with the results and if you didn't know you might have expected them to be there. As I said in an earlier thread you gotta love ACE Hardware, you can find these there in a variety of sizes. Remember to paint any fresh metal where you trim up the holes
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF2068.jpg (224.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1890.jpg (155.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2069.jpg (152.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2083.jpg (206.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2086.jpg (173.7 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by Larzfromarz; 09-30-2012 at 09:54 AM.