FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 02-03-2010, 05:45 PM

Default Creative parts sourcing for your CA95

eBay is always a default source for vintage Hondanparts. Sometimes you pay "out the nose" for parts that can actually be found outside eBay and some bike places. A sourcing parts thread for all to add would make a great resource.

Hondaminitrail.com I found this site because I bought an unknown new, old stock, ignition switch with an original set of keys and needed to find out what it belonged.

I found that this site also sells items that will fit the CA95 (but not actually listed for the CA95)

1.) A tappet wrench set. Adjusting tappets is a pain if the engine is on the bike. This set makes that task easy.
2.) Clearance guages for adjusting tappets. This would be great, I plan to buy this set.
3.) All of the Honda Dreams have faded or dull neutral lights in their headlight bucket. This place sells a "high beam" light that would be a great replacement for the CA95 bucket neutral light.
4.) There is a small rubber fitting inside your CA95 that attaches the neutral light bulb to the lense...Can't find them for your CA95....They can be found here..new.
5.) You know those crappy spark plug boots on your old bike? Got them here, super reasonable.
6.) This one knocked me out...I may buy a set just to see if it fits...It is the rubber mounted bushing that fits the swing arm. I searched for these, I actually bought a CA95 swing arm and pressed out the bushing just to get the size. These guys have them new.

So just wanted to start a "sourcing thread" that offers some place besides eBay for your CA95 needs.
Unread 02-04-2010, 03:05 AM

When Honda design a new bike, if parts from an earlier model can be used and look right, then they will incorperate them into the new bike.
I have a parts book for the CB92 and CB95 and found when checking the model code (middle set of numbers) that there were parts from 21 different models used in the build of these two bikes.

Sam.
Unread 02-05-2010, 04:33 AM

bikebandit.com has lots of parts too. They don't have a page (that I can find) for the CA95 but if you have the part number they usually have it as Honda used the same parts for many bikes.
Unread 02-05-2010, 07:31 PM

Another great source of info is hondarestoration.com Use the search engine to find your parts. The search engine also has diagrams that can be printed out. You can still find some parts from CMS Honda overseas, but not every part listed is available. The ability to print out part diagrams and get part number is a great way to search elsewhere if needed. That's how I found out that you can get engine seals from your local Honda dealer, I called and referred to the part# and got an answer!
Unread 02-06-2010, 01:01 PM

Have you ever asked your self: Where can I buy those little 6V light bulbs that fit in the speedo, nuetral light and high beam of your Honda CA95?

You go to eBay and some Asian source wants $10+ for three? Phoey!

They are light bulb size 219 and are a perfect fit. Used them myself.

Google "light bulb 219" for a source. OR a place called Randoulph, Hale & Meredith should be able to order them. 270-781-1460.

Two years ago I paid under $6.00 for 10.
Unread 02-12-2010, 09:03 AM

Try another good place for solos seats, mufflers and the like. It is www.apexcycle.com Steer clear of the CA95 tail light assembly, it has a plastic base with a ground wire...it is garbage, but the lens is ok.
Unread 06-14-2012, 09:40 AM

So you guys have had success with apexcycle.com? We ordered the tail light lens from them over a week ago and have heard nothing from them. If he's going to have an online shop he needs to communicate with customers better.
Unread 06-14-2012, 01:06 PM

Keep in mind the post for Apex is year old.Things may have changed for them-
Unread 06-14-2012, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzfromarz View Post
Keep in mind the post for Apex is year old.Things may have changed for them-
Thanks for the response Larzfromarz!

Apexcycle.com still has parts for the CA95 listed as available on their site and they took my paypal payment so I hope their ability to fulfill an order has changed. :/
Unread 06-14-2012, 04:26 PM

Martskin , PM me your address and I'll send you a new lens . I have 4 or 5 of them that I got in a stash buy a year ago . I also have several complete new taillight assemblies ,metal body , that came with the parts I bought .
Also , look for Ohiocycles , he has a great assortment of parts new and used . He's old school in that you have to call him to see if he has the parts and then he only accepts a US Postal money order or a certified bank check . Once he recieves the payment he sends the parts . His prices aren't too bad either .

Last edited by kartgreen; 06-15-2012 at 06:46 AM.
Unread 06-14-2012, 08:23 PM

I got my brake light switch from Hondaminitrail.com they ship fast and are very reasonably priced too. I was considering buying controls there too, until I found a complete set of bars with controls included on the bay for a whopping 20 bucks buy it now deal

Going by part numbers instead of model number is the way to go, just beware they change the number a little when used on other models depending on the part, that's when I stare at the two pictures of the part, side by side for about 15 minutes playing the; spot any differences game.

I bought my tail light/lens assembly and levers from Ohio Cycle; they both are built with very good quality.

I don't know if Apex has their act together or not, I have heard good things such as fast shipping and good quality; then I have heard stories of payments excepted and nothing; wouldn't return calls, emails etc. then having to go through who they used to pay Apex with for a refund; either paypal policy, or a credit card that guarantees against fraud to get their money back.

So if you take the chance; make sure you can get a refund from someone if you get the cold shoulder, of course this is true of any seller, so protect yourself. I personally, have no first hand experience with Apex, but have dealt with similar online retailers; and it's enough headache to just avoid the possibility; knowing Apex has pulled that stunt before. It's a shame too cause I would totally deal with them otherwise.
Unread 06-15-2012, 03:26 AM

I buy a lot of 316ss fastenings, especially the 6mm ones, from www.mcmaster.com and give them a quick polish on the buffing wheel to create a finish that is just like chrome and will never rust. Some of the larger sized Honda nuts and bolts have nonstandard head sizes so they aren't exactly the same, and some of the smaller ones used the antiquated JIS thread pattern which isn't around much anymore, so don't rush out there and go nuts until you've doubled checked the sizes.
Unread 06-15-2012, 08:04 AM

Awesome! Thanks for all the replies. I'm bookmarking those sites now!

Yes kartgreen, I would love to snag a complete taillight assembly from you! I'll PM you.

Thanks!!
Unread 06-18-2012, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron7 View Post
bikebandit.com has lots of parts too. They don't have a page (that I can find) for the CA95 but if you have the part number they usually have it as Honda used the same parts for many bikes.
FYI: Bike Bandit only lists CA95/92's under the 1959 model year.
Unread 06-18-2012, 01:43 PM

Default Vintage Connections for electrical parts/tools

http://www.vintageconnections.com/

I wouldn't be able to make a wiring harness for a motorcycle without Vintage Connections.

The only way to fit all those wire connectors into little spaces is to use those mini motorcycle type connectors and they got 'em.

And about Apex Cycle, I knew the guy who runs it, he has some excellent stories about how he sourced his parts. I'm out of touch with him now but when you don't get an immediate response he is probably travelling or something. He's wasn't the type of person who would cheat.