FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 10-14-2009, 02:58 PM

I don't think that the bearing failure possibilty is a huge thing. These were, and are, known to be great little bikes.

But I think that I was one of the unlucky ones. Sometimes when engines sit too long w/o being run..........................
Unread 10-15-2009, 07:34 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Come on you guys don't get lazy on me. Seriously the 160 engine is a huge improvement over that 150cc. And we've outlined why but I know there are hills around where I live that I would not attempt to ride up on the Benly 150. Traffic would just steam roll me and these are some of the only roads to get around town so I'm very limited on where I can ride that bike compared to my 160 that I can go anywhere on.

I'm going to also repeat the fact that I actually took the 160 ON THE FREEWAY doing 65mph with a big rig on my butt threatening to run me over... but I did it for a couple miles. I'm sure that high rpm riding stressed the frame pretty good and loosened some nuts and bolts but it was crazy to hear that engine rev so high and not miss a beat! Amazing engines. But there is no way the 150 engine and transmission is capable of that kind of performance, no way.
Unread 10-15-2009, 12:38 PM

I thought the top speed of the 150's was a tad below 90???
Unread 10-15-2009, 01:30 PM
Admin

90 km/h = 56 mph
Unread 10-15-2009, 04:46 PM

Default lol

I knew you'd have something to say about it lol. Smithers, you don't understand, my husband is about to strangle me. This 150 is just being put back together and we are moving on to a new project lol. I am SURE I will be finding another bike to put this 160 in, especially because you have peaked my curiousity. lol.
Unread 10-15-2009, 05:16 PM
Admin

My 160 does wheelies. Now go get to work on yours. :]
Unread 10-15-2009, 06:45 PM

Default LOL rub it in

Hey, my 150 did 65 mph, granted it was in the bed of our truck! Wheelies you say??? Sometimes that happens when there is too much weight on the back of the bike. KIDDING!!!!!!
Unread 10-18-2009, 08:45 PM

Default She runs again!!!!!!!!

YES!!!!!!!!!! Okay, well we got it started FINALLY!!!!!! We had a hard go of it today, spent most of the day trying to figure out WHY it wouldn't start. Go figure, it was grounding out the points ignition plate against the side cover. She sounds great! I haven't had a chance to "ride" it yet. We need to get out the grease gun and make sure everything is lubed. Then, its open road. It is nice to actually see it run without smoke coming out the ass end. Now, its time to start the 305!
Unread 10-18-2009, 11:26 PM
Admin

Yeah the wheelies never happened. The bikes frame would just fold in half if it had that much power so that's a good thing.

Good work, just ride the darn thing! It will put along just fine I'm sure. Now you can sleep soundly at night. -_- ZZZzzzz...... Time to move on to bigger and better things! Congrats you two.
Unread 10-25-2009, 07:17 PM

Default found a use for the 160

lol .... yeah after riding the 150 for the first time after the rebuild, we realized it definitely needed the clutch redone. So, we stole the parts from the 160! Don't worry, they will be replaced. We have some parts already on the way, we just wanted to go out for a ride today. Since it was gorgeous out today. Nice ride, but I didn't dare take that little bike over 45 mph. The 305 is already on the motorcycle lift.
Unread 10-25-2009, 07:38 PM
Admin

Perfect! See you're already happy to have the spare engine laying around. The parts are solid gold when you need them and have them right there. I ran out of shielding gas for my welder today so I was pretty bummed. Ok let's see the 305! Go ahead and begin a new thread for that one. : )