FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 06-27-2013, 03:41 PM

Oh no....my poor poor wallet!
Unread 06-27-2013, 04:44 PM

Honestly VK over here the acquisition cost is about the same for a CA77 or CA95. I see plenty in the sub $1000 range. They also don't seem to generate as much resale value unless real nice or real unmolested originals. I see average resale of $2000-3500 depending. Of course there is always the guy who wants 6 grand but.....
Unread 07-07-2013, 01:04 PM

I would like to put closure to this project. I spoke about hanging my custom "blind" Buco Bags on this bike. Alas, the bike is complete without them. The bike has a potential buyer this week. Below are two final pics.

About the pending CA77 bike that was gifted to me. Well...not quite. Another orphan 1964 CA95. This poor little bike was buried in a pile of "stuff" in a barn up north for decades.

The last visable sticker on the forks reads 1970. I felt sorry the bike and decided to do a long term restoration. The tank, petcock, front fender, speedometer are wasted. She sits tonight clean of mouse nests in the salvation shed in good ole Georgia waiting on the sandblaster and parts.

She might be a little finnesse bike...don't know yet.
Unread 07-07-2013, 02:12 PM

Send a message via AIM to ByTheLake

The project bike looks great, Chip - especially when compared to how she started out. I really like those exhaust pieces, too - great looking mufflers.

Sorry to hear about the non-CA77, but I suppose you have more spare CA95 parts than anybody else, so perhaps it was destiny?
Unread 07-07-2013, 02:27 PM

Destiny...perhaps. The orphan bike came from the same person I bought the project bike from. He was keeping in touch with me all along. As fate would have it, a friend of mine(Steve) from my home town (Cleveland, Ohio)decided to visit me in GA., in his new GMC truck. He picked up the bike and delivered it. I've known Steve since....1964. Phew.....

Steve knew me when I bought my 1st Honda CA95 in 1965. I was 13 and my father made me sell it. Destiny..perhaps with chills.
Unread 07-07-2013, 05:18 PM

Send a message via AIM to ByTheLake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokes View Post
Destiny...perhaps. The orphan bike came from the same person I bought the project bike from. He was keeping in touch with me all along. As fate would have it, a friend of mine(Steve) from my home town (Cleveland, Ohio)decided to visit me in GA., in his new GMC truck. He picked up the bike and delivered it. I've known Steve since....1964. Phew.....

Steve knew me when I bought my 1st Honda CA95 in 1965. I was 13 and my father made me sell it. Destiny..perhaps with chills.
Had to laugh at the story - perhaps "destiny" was the wrong word. Maybe a curse? I can see the movie now ... hundreds of zombie CA95s emerging from barns and junk yards, all headed to Georgia to be re-born.
Unread 07-07-2013, 06:36 PM

Night of the living Honda's...I can see it now....good one!
Unread 07-09-2013, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bythelake View Post
had to laugh at the story - perhaps "destiny" was the wrong word. Maybe a curse? I can see the movie now ... Hundreds of zombie ca95s emerging from barns and junk yards, all headed to georgia to be re-born.
:d:d:d smilies don't seem to be working, so hahahahahahahhahahahahah.
Unread 07-09-2013, 06:04 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Someone pulled the ol CA77 - CA95 bait on me when they told me about a project bike they had to sell me. The nerve!

Yeah these old bikes sure find us huh?