FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > Cool Motorcycle Pictures & Stuff

Cool Motorcycle Pictures & Stuff Other motorcycle related stuff and some pictures.

Unread 07-09-2011, 07:17 PM

Default update.

i went to the store and bought a few parts. Battery, bulbs, generic front headlight.

ok hooked up all lights, have the front light and rear lights functioning, i now hear a click when the turn signals flash. and correctly now.

but...

the taillight never turns off. dispite me turning and takeing out the key, it stays on. with the engine off and the red knob in the off position, it wont ever turn off.

i believe something is wrong with the part where i insert the key.

i cannot lock my front wheel, i cannot kill the engine by taking out the key and turning it to the off position, i cannot turn off tailight either.

i dont even need the key to fire it up and start driving.

i know this is simply a electrical problem somewhere. but could anybody give me any clues where to look so i dont have to dissasemble the entire bike and follow all the wires?

thanks.
Unread 07-10-2011, 08:20 AM

the ignition switch, was broke. the inside is made of plastic and it eventually wore out.
there is a 2 position switch inside, and it was stuck in the ON/RUN position. so even if the key was turned the switch wouldent move. basically a square metal tab was ment to fit into a plastic fitting to move the switch, but the plastic fitting was wore out.
it is a 2 way switch, 4 wires. 2 of them are to let the electricity and lights work.
and the other two are a kill switch.

so what i did is, i ordered a 4 wire ignition switch. it probably wont arrive for a few weeks. but i need to use the scooter it now. so i wired up a switch so that i can still use it. i hid the switch on the bottom of the scooter where it will be unseen, and put the old ignition switch back so that i can still lock the front wheel in position. so as long as nobody knows about the switch on the bottom, nobody will be able to start it up. and when i flip the switch in the other direction, all the electrical turns on.