FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 05-08-2013, 06:26 PM

Default CB750 Sandcast on eBay

Hi Everyone, I completely understand if this is too off topic for the forum and and needs to be removed but i enjoy just about any old Honda and I noticed this Sandcast at $35,000.00 with three days to go. I remember when these were just old motorcycles. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Rare-...item19dc2c019d
Unread 05-09-2013, 05:19 AM

Yeah, nice bikes and all but I just don't understand the attraction to the sand cast bikes.
Rarer, sure but I can't justify 10 times the cost of non sand cast bike that looks and goes as well. Good for him if he sells at that price, I'll go and buy 30 bikes for my 30 grand and 30 folks will be just as happy as if they had a sand cast when I'm done.
Unread 05-09-2013, 03:33 PM

I agree 100 percent. It is a different kind of collector that will spend that kind of money. I want to add a few old Hondas to my very small collection in the next year or so (retiring) and I am fine with the attention and dollars being drawn away from anything I am interested in. I would like to find a nice survivor small four. I believe Honda built a CB350 four cylinder for a while. Those pistons wouldn't be much bigger than the CA95!
Unread 05-09-2013, 04:18 PM

Thats the only place I haven't gone yet with Honda as well. And I'm just waiting for the right one to show up as well. I do rather like the simplicity of the Twin 350- I now have 3. I rather like not having to do four of everything, but hey the pipes are sexy.
I'm also warming up to the CX series(sideways v-twin Guzzi style) for some reason...?
Unread 05-09-2013, 04:20 PM

Not the only place- still looking to do an early Naked Wing. And thinking about racing...
Unread 05-10-2013, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steverinomeiste View Post
I agree 100 percent. It is a different kind of collector that will spend that kind of money. I want to add a few old Hondas to my very small collection in the next year or so (retiring) and I am fine with the attention and dollars being drawn away from anything I am interested in. I would like to find a nice survivor small four. I believe Honda built a CB350 four cylinder for a while. Those pistons wouldn't be much bigger than the CA95!
The CB350four pistons are 2mm smaller at 47mm (CA95 49mm).

Sam.