FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 05-27-2011, 06:08 AM

Default Shocks

Can someone tell me or show me how to get a rear shock apart. I want to have the chrome redone and paint the painted part. I see a screw head showing from the top but it won't turn. I don't want to mess it up if that is not what makes the darn thing come apart. Thanks
Unread 05-27-2011, 06:58 AM

Spokes
Unread 05-27-2011, 09:21 AM

The key is how to seperate the two main pieces. I had no idea that the cover could be seperated from the the top and a wrench put inbetween to unscrew the top.
Unread 05-27-2011, 12:29 PM

I took mine apart not too long ago with the help of spokes, if you do not have a slot on the top of the threaded shaft after the top mount is off it can be difficult to disassemble. My suggestion if you do not have one is to make one by cutting a groove down the center of that shaft enough to get a good bite for a flathead screwdriver, then its easy sailing from then on out.
Unread 05-27-2011, 02:13 PM

Thanks for all of the help. I would like to know if anyone has the correct paint codes for the body colors. I have painted my CA 95 a little off color white because I didn't like the refrigerator color white. I am still looking for chrome around the seat and the exhaust has been a real problem finding except for Asia and I really don't want to do that.
Unread 05-27-2011, 09:27 PM

Finding the chrome strip for the seat new or used in good condition is tough. But if you want to "cheat" and have chrome trim anyway use:http://cgi.ebay.com/Car-Auto-Chrome-...item3a661e65aa

I have used this trim on vinyl. It has 3M adhesive and looks great. It molds around corners well. If you ever find the original trim, just heat the trim up with a hair dryer and it will release from the seat.
Unread 05-29-2011, 01:01 PM

Thanks for the tip. However, the strips that I saw were 22 mm. That is about twice the width of the original trim. Did I miss a link? Thanks for helping me out. I would really like to have the seat look as close to original as possible.
Unread 05-29-2011, 01:36 PM

Can someone tell me if the cover for the rear shock went from metal to plastic and when this happened? Both sets that I have are metal but I see Ebay ads stating that the "Plastic" cover is i good shape. Just a question
Unread 05-29-2011, 06:51 PM

As close as I guess, the metal to plastic shock covers happened around 1965.
The metal covers are the most sought after.
Unread 05-29-2011, 07:12 PM

thanks for the info