FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Website News & Updates > Additional Projects Area

Unread 03-03-2013, 09:46 AM

Default Scary Fast...

Hi guys, as some of you might expect I get a lot of joy putting vintage bikes in the hands of new people, so I "move" a few bikes to keep me busy. I recently acquired a CB450 project for myself and while on the trip "discovered" the following bike in the shop of the same fellow. One the first trip (I admitted this in a thread) I just looked briefly to see if the important stuff was there. The important stuff as we CA160/CA95 folks know are chain guards, petcocks, good pipes etc. On minimum inspection all were present and I moved on to my 450.
Other discussion took place and it was determined that some bartering could happen. I happen to have just picked up a Cb160 roller and engine that he wanted but I didn't have with me at the time.
So a couple weeks later I need to deliver an S90 to a customer (fresh engine overhaul) and I had the CB160. So off to look the CA160 and see what we could do. We managed a good trade and I loaded up this Spraybomb black over white, most complete bike I have seen for the price, in to my truck, next to the S90. Due to Spokes' influence I was hooked on this bike because it has a complete set of Buco twin lite bags on it. I actually had to kick in money to get them included in the trade but it was worth it. I had, at this time, every intention on bringing this bike in to the fold but still needed to deliver the S90. Terry the S90 owner has become a good friend as well as great customer. Terry has not been initiated in the CA club as of yet and when I arrived at his place little did I suspect I wouldn't own this bike for long ( about 75 minutes).
In all actuality this is a perfect bike for him and his skill level and he likes the curves! Should be a great experience for him and I know if he shows up here he will be well accepted. So while it wasn't intended to be this was a scary fast flip for me. Never had the chance to get attached to the bike....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CA160 as purchased 003.jpg (229.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg CA160 as purchased 007.jpg (249.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg CA160 as purchased 019.jpg (233.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg CA160 as purchased 002.jpg (226.7 KB, 4 views)
Unread 03-04-2013, 02:11 AM

Send a message via AIM to ByTheLake

Love those Buco bags, they're gorgeous. Would kill for a set of those. Nice pics, thanks.
Unread 03-04-2013, 04:26 AM

Kinda of sad, its all I have. But I know its in a good home.
Unread 03-04-2013, 07:12 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

That is one cool looking bike.