FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > Cool Motorcycle Pictures & Stuff

Cool Motorcycle Pictures & Stuff Other motorcycle related stuff and some pictures.

Unread 03-29-2010, 05:45 PM

Just call the dealer and ask for part# 14401-200-004 cam chain. Most likely it will have an updated part number. If they can't get it, you can get it off ebay and in 6 weeks have it.

But, if it were me...and it is me...LOL ( I am rebuilding a ca95 engine for my project) I would (and intend to) reuse the original chain. Chance's are it is still good and you have some room for adjustment.

Usually these small bikes are used about town and generally not as a means of general transportation. So being that it is a hobby and a fun bike I tend to reuse some old parts. If it was anything else but a fun occasional rider, I would replace items like the timing chain.
Unread 04-01-2010, 04:37 PM

okay Thanks. So how tight should I tighten the adjuster? And yes this will be one more toy to tinker with. Also working on a CT200, a Dream 305 and of course the old 'stang Too many intersts, if only I didn't have to work for a living.LOL
Unread 04-01-2010, 04:58 PM

I owned the 65 mustang in high school in 68-69 when they were a dime a dozen. Adjust the chain with about 1/8-1/4 " play. When the engine runs, you should not hear any chain noise. If you do, turn out the screw until it is silent. If it still can be heard, it's new chain time.