FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Website News & Updates > Additional Projects Area

Unread 08-26-2012, 10:16 AM

Default 1986 BMW K100 and 1965 Honda C100 Pic's

At a car/ bike show last week we had a very nice gentleman stop and talk to us about our Hondas , he mentioned he had a 1965 C100 honda the was 99% original that he'd bought to ride around his neighborhood but that the 50cc motor wasn't powerfull enough due to the hilly area he lives in . Had him e-mail us some pictures which his wife did . Very nice bike in the pictures and even nicer in person . Yes ,this past Saturday we drove down to Seneca lake and drove home with another bike .Here are several pic's .
I've attached several pictures of my 1986 BMW K100 as well . The K bike is my winter project but I'm gather parts and formulating an idea of what I want it to look like . It's a fairly low mileage bike for a BMW ,36k, but like any project bike it's sat for a number of years . These bikes were the ugly duckling of BMW's , flat 4 cylinder engine but I think I can make something cool out of it . We'll see ! Pic of whitewalls !!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 006.jpg (151.0 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 007.jpg (136.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 004.jpg (135.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 005.jpg (176.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 008.jpg (152.1 KB, 10 views)
Unread 09-30-2012, 07:36 AM

We returned home from vacation Friday , it's tuff being retired ! , so I spent about 4 hours Saturday tearing the BMW down . Now what ?
Detab the frame and get parts ready for the powder coating .
Pull transmission and inspect clutch , lube splines .
Pull engine covers for powder coating .
Check timing chain and guides .
And the list goes on !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 026.jpg (155.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 027.jpg (157.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 025.jpg (157.2 KB, 7 views)
Unread 01-10-2013, 01:23 AM

Send a message via AIM to ByTheLake

Cool pics. That red C100 is actually a C102 (electric start), very similar to my '65. Nice little bikes, but I agree with the challenge on the hills. My area is quite hilly, and there are a few spots where the Super Cub hauled my 200 pound frame in first gear at maybe 3 MPH over some very steep hills.

How's the BMW project coming along? Sounds like you'll be changing it's appearance?
Unread 01-11-2013, 04:58 AM

BTL , your correct , it is a 102 model . As for the Brick I'm making progress but it seems like I take a step forward and two steps back . The stock fuel tank just doesn't fit in the overall look of what I want . I just picked up a 1978 Honda CB750 tank that I think will suit the bike better . It's going to require some cutting ,trimming to make it fit ,so that's my next project .
This bike is really making me think , a good thing at my age I guess . As I said I solve one problem and create two more , so this will be a longer term project then just refreshing a stock bike .
And for Smithers , I've attached several pic's !
Also picked up another project , a 1974 Rupp Trike . The previous owner had 2 of them , a dual seat model and a single seat model that was disassembled . That's the one I bought . Rupp was a company out of Mansfield Ohio the started in the go kart buisness in the early 60's and made go karts , mini bikes , snowmobiles as well as the trike . The trike was made for 2 years and powered by a Kohler 340 cc 2 stroke snowmobile engine .
This will be a project ! I bought a 1984 Honda Goldwing and will be using the engine and electrics to power the trike .I'll post some pic's once I get my trailer out of storage for the winter .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 019.jpg (144.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 018.jpg (158.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 021.jpg (126.0 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by kartgreen; 01-11-2013 at 06:34 AM.
Unread 01-23-2013, 08:48 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

I saw a PILE of old beater C100's at an auction last weekend. No way I was going to even touch those old things. There are way too many nice ones out there for near nothing just like the one you found. That thing is cherry.

And the K bike! I've ridden a few of those. I almost considered buying one when I was young but the heavy hitting inline 4's were just too exciting. I've always wanted one but I'll leave all the fun to you. That's a super nice bike but yes it does need some zing. It's do-able though. I can't wait to see what you come up with. Very cool.