FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 07-25-2012, 12:43 PM

Default Turn Signals set up for CA95

I did a vid on how I installed turn signals on the Build From Scratch CA95. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYiOeSghpXg&feature=plcp
Unread 07-25-2012, 02:26 PM

Excellent video explanation, I particularly like that you wired them in without tapping into the existing wiring harness..hadn't thought of that approach!
Unread 03-20-2013, 12:59 AM

Very nice Spokes!

One more question though, when you say they are wired through the rear fender, is it possible to get some more detail.

The blinkers on my C92 were not there when I got it, even the stop light wires are missing. I'm gathering that both sets of wires run they through the channel on the inside of the fender, but when they exit the channel how do they get into the filter cavity?
Do they go under and up through the gap near the main stand or is there another hole somewhere that they come back in through?

Thanks again,
Kev.
Unread 03-20-2013, 02:00 AM

There should be an oblong hole in the frame, right side, rear and low. The wires exit through said hole and up through the port that the + battery cable is routed.

Having said that, I am rebuilding a CA95. I intend to drill a hole into the cavity directly to pass the signal/tail light wiring. It makes the wiring neater. I will use a grommet & seal the entrance with clear silicone as well.
Unread 03-20-2013, 03:04 PM

Thanks Spokes, much appreciated.

I like your idea of keeping the wiring internal as much as possible by routing through a better positioned hole.
Do you use a particular type of silicone? I've seen some horrible corrosion issues using the generic roof/gutter silicone on vehicles...

Cheers,
Kev.
Unread 03-20-2013, 03:30 PM

I have had good luck with vehicle grade silicone. I figure with a grommet & sealant I should be good to go. I plan to post pics as I will be wiring the bike soon.