FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 09-07-2013, 06:42 AM

Default No clue what im doing

I got a free 1964 Honda benly. I figured I tinker with it just for the hell of it. The person I got it off said the battery just died every time he went out. So it got stuck in the garage since 1972. The engine was frozen up. I got that apart. Had a shop fit new pistons in it. I found the stator wire was cut from a rotor rub. I just put it back together, No clue if it works..Got another key switch because the other was missing. I had power to everything down to the green wire at the points but no spark. Everything else seems ok. is this a condenser problem? I got bored with it and it sat for another couple years and I m thinking of giving it another try. Really would like to hear it run then who knows.....
Unread 09-07-2013, 09:09 AM

A failed condenser normally causes a lot of sparking at the points. Easy to check by leaving the points cover off.
Unread 09-08-2013, 03:48 PM

Hope you know you need a good 6 volt battery installed , also check that the main fuse is good .
An explanation of what you've done or tried and someone on the forum will provide the answer . Good lock !