FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 02-01-2015, 06:28 PM

Default Donor CA95 (& CA160) frames

I've been in need of a donor CA95 frame to repair the following pair of cut up CA95s: my '60 Tokyo Rose which had the entire area surrounding the carb removed; and, a red '62 that had the gas tank mounts removed. Both bikes are rough (the '60 is worse than the '62) and do not have titles, but are DMV-clear, original and mostly complete with un-stuck motors.

About a year ago I purchased from a CraigsList ad a few parts along with what I thought was an early CA95 frame (due to the rear shock mounts). It turned out to be a CA160 frame (I didn't think about it at the time, because the seller had advertised it as a CA95). Due to the carb-cover area being different, I can not use a CA160 frame. So, if anybody is looking for a straight and rust-free CA160 frame, please let me know. (See attached pics.) It does not have a title and was purchased from out of state (I'm in California) by the guy who sold it to me.

Just last week I responded to another CraigsList ad for a $150 CA95. (See attached pics). The seller had it advertised as a '64, but it turned out to be a '63. Yesterday I traveled about 150 miles round trip to see it. Given the CL ad pictures, I knew that I didn't want to spend more than $100, but I had hopes it might come with some decent spares. I ended up paying $75 which seemed fair, especially since the frame came with the necessary sections. It also has a complete motor with no broken castings/fins, but I can't tell if the motor has compression or is stuck because the clutch plates are missing. (I don't have high hopes for this motor given its physical appearance.) The handlebars are bent, the one muffler it came with has a hole, and one of the two exhaust pipes is very dented. The good news is the swingarm, forks, and frame are straight, plus the upper chain guard is nice too.

Now I've got my donor frame, another spare "early" motor, and way too many Benly's.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CA160-frameR.jpg (156.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg CA160-frameL.jpg (207.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 63-CA95_Blackie-frameR.jpg (255.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 63-CA95_Blackie-motorL.jpg (259.5 KB, 6 views)
Unread 02-01-2015, 07:54 PM

Ooh, and I forgot to mention the primered and kinda' cool home made solid "racing" seat pan that came with the CA95 frame I purchased yesterday.