FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 11-23-2011, 02:37 PM

Default CA95 Benly Engine Tear Down

I have my engine out of the bike,head is off and piston (one only as other broke from connecting rod) is showing. Because of the broken piston,I believe it will be necessary to seperate the engine so I can clean the pieces out off the bottom. I have taken both side covers off and the fields off around the mag.I can't seem to get this to pop free so the engine can be split. Any suggestions or have I already done something wrong.
I did take detailed notes so when reassembling I can get the timing right. But hey who knows.
Also looking for a new front fender that is in great shape and straight. Thanks for the help! Doug
Unread 11-24-2011, 12:04 AM

Are you talking about the ROTOR, the round thing that spins inside the coils?
If so, screw your back axle into it. Put a straight bar or screw driver through the hole in the end of the axle and give it a sharp knock anti clockwise, it should jump off with ease.

Sam.
Unread 11-24-2011, 12:19 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

We learn something every day from Spokes! Be careful applying so much force around these engines of course. I prefer my brass Snap-On hammer. Front fenders are very hard to find. If you find one I suggest you get it asap before someone else does.
Unread 11-24-2011, 06:49 AM

Default Rotor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Green View Post
Are you talking about the ROTOR, the round thing that spins inside the coils?
If so, screw your back axle into it. Put a straight bar or screw driver through the hole in the end of the axle and give it a sharp knock anti clockwise, it should jump off with ease.

Sam.
Hi Sam
I believe we are talking the same thing here. It is the part inside the spins inside the coil. It appears there are four disks here. There is a bolt on the outside that I have removed. As for the rear axle, I am not certain what you mean by this? Further advice will be helpful, after all I am just a carpenter. This sure is fun though! Doug
Unread 11-24-2011, 08:33 AM

Yep..it sounds unusual but Sam is spot on about removing the rotor using the rear axle bolt. You don't remove the rotor (or flywheel as another term) by using a wheel puller. The rotor has threads in the center. The axle happens to be the same thread pitch and size as the center threads and is tapered to boot. Basically you screw in the axle to force off the rotor from the crankshaft.

If you don't want to pull the axle to yank the rotor then get a metric bolt to fit the rotor threads. I cheat by using a socket head metric bolt with my impact wrench and fitting. But do try to avoid the wheel puller as there is a 99% chance of goofing up the rotor.
Unread 11-25-2011, 03:31 PM

Default AC Dynamo Removal

I pulled my rear axel and the bolt was much bigger than the ac dynamo bolt. I thought you said to thread this in there and tap it counter clockwise to remove the ac dynamo rotor? Perhaps I don't need to remove this to split the engine and transmission so I can clean all the pieces from my broken piston that have accumulated in the bottom of the engine.
Sorry to be a pain,but I just am at a loss here. Thanks for the help.
Unread 11-25-2011, 05:02 PM

Sorry for the confusion. You need to tighten the sourced bolt into the rotor threads to push against the crankshaft to release it. You may not need to remove the rotor to disassemble the engine. You will need to remove it for reassembly. You can't install a new crankcase seal without removing the rotor.
Unread 02-02-2015, 06:25 AM

I know this is an old post but I found it through the search feature. Does anyone know what size and thread pitch the rear axle thread is? I don't have mine available and want to get a bolt to push the rotor off.
Unread 02-02-2015, 04:48 PM

I can't help with the exact size/pitch, sorry. Also, not sure if this helps, but I can tell you the swingarm bolt and front axle also have the same size threads.