FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 06-14-2012, 03:19 AM

Default Slipping clutch problem

Same 1966 Honda ca95 that has drive chain issues has a bad slipping clutch---I've tried all the adjustments that I read on the Forum but nothing seems to work--I haven't take the plates out an cleaned them yet -- or should I just order new(where) -----------bike was stored for 5 yrs without being started or clutch used--2nd-third-fourth gear when I'm accelorating the poor bikes clutch just sits there and slips. Thanks again
Unread 06-14-2012, 06:22 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Good morning. Did you study these pictures pretty close? You adjusted the clutch rod that is adjusted with the round part next to the number 22 in the picture below right? I think I basically turned it until I had resistance on it with the engine off and the bike in gear. Then when I got the proper resistance on this part the bike would roll back and forth when I would use the clutch. If this is adjusted and the bike is still slipping then the clutch just isn't holding anymore.

Did the clutch go bad on you over time or did you get the bike with the clutch acting the way it is? Maybe someone didn't put it back together correctly?

I know that if this clutch rod adjuster isn't tight enough then when you kick the engine the kick starter will even feel like it's slipping. If it's not tight at all the kick starter won't even work. Just for reference I have the pictures of the inner workings of this mechanism here: Honda Benly CA95 clutch connecting rod adjustment