FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 06-15-2012, 12:07 PM

Yep, see my new thread and how mine is fixed (at least for now). Just did this today. Can you say "Swiss Cheese?
Unread 06-15-2012, 08:06 PM

It's a hard call to advise what to do. I am trying to save a fuel bowl by an application of a heavy coat on the inside of the bowl, polishing the outside and send it off to be chrome plated.

I guess that I would take the epoxy route as a last resort to seal the petcock to the tank. IMO
Unread 06-16-2012, 02:17 AM

If it is the bowl that's the issue, I don't see why the inside couldn't be coated with tank Sealant, I'd avoid the prep part of the kit because that stuff will eat aluminum. The gasket leaking issues are a whole other story. I avoided that whole deal and just fit an adapter plate with standard N. P.T. threads, bought a standard Harley petcock. Polished the original one I had, and gave it to Smithers. I like the form of the original, but really dislike the function.
Unread 06-16-2012, 03:01 AM

I've used that red epoxy that is cured with heat with success on my fuel tank. It's been over 2 years now and no leaks at all. I would use that to mate the petcock to the tank, especially if the tank is not flat, a gasket will not seat it properly. I think JB weld hold for a while but not too long.

I used a heat gun to cure the red epoxy. No flame of course.....
Unread 06-16-2012, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetblackchemist View Post
I avoided that whole deal and just fit an adapter plate with standard N. P.T. threads, bought a standard Harley petcock.
This is definitely the way to go, and I'd just like to add that you can get these petcocks with a side outlet which I highly recommend as the one that comes straight down puts the fuel line very close to the engine...

Tags
petcock tank leak gas