FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Website News & Updates > Additional Projects Area

Unread 12-23-2011, 07:15 PM

Sorry I didn't see your post sooner, cut it on the back its easier so you're not dealing with the bumps. A jig saw with a nice blade makes easy work of it, drilling a hole to get it started on an inside void like a door handle hole with a bit larger diameter than the blade is a must. It might be possible to cut it with a rotozip bit but the torque and spinning isn't as easy to control as a jig saw. Just make sure you go at a slow even pace to keep blades from snapping. Gloves and goggles are a good idea too. If you do a google image search on diamond plate door panels some pretty good results come up for ideas.
Unread 12-25-2011, 09:56 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Good idea JB. Yeah i guess I could cut these door panels to make em work huh? I'll take pictures of what doesn't quite line up. And I'll surely search for ideas with the diamond plate too. The original door panels are just junk and I'm not feeling like putting any work into them. :=]
Unread 01-27-2012, 08:50 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

The ol Dodge truck is coming along nicely! I've been sneaking away to work on it every couple of days. I have some original chrome bumpers on it now finally. Those black ones were nasty so I'm really happy to have it back to chrome. I also got the thick pinstripe that goes around the truck where the colors meet up. And today I sprayed the bedliner in... well I did all the prep and a friend of mine did it since he's done a LOT of spray in bedliners in the past. I've done a couple before but not an 8ft long full size. I put up all sorts of pictures and advice for anyone that wants to see how this Shake and Shoot DIY spray yourself kit was installed.