FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Website News & Updates > Additional Projects Area

Unread 08-13-2012, 02:42 PM

Smile 2011 Royal Enfield Cafe bike

Here's a 2011 ( brand new ) Royal Enfield that was totally stripped down and remade into a cafe racer . This bike is georgous in person and has a ton of custom billet alum. machine work, triple trees , dash pod , engine mounts rear brake backing plate , rear sets .
These bikes are fuel injected so a seperate fuel pump and regulator had to be installed . Omar's for the tank and seat . Shouldered alum. Akront rims and SS spokes added to the stock hubs . All unnecessary tabs removed from the frame . Front suspension is stock but clip-on bars added .
All work was performed at Spike's Vintage Motorcycle Shop . My contribution , I made an alum. cover for the speedometer !! Yeah I know , WOW .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 006.JPG (289.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 003.JPG (294.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 005.JPG (280.7 KB, 7 views)
Unread 08-14-2012, 06:18 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

I read about the Royal Enfield new bikes in the magazines last year and I just wanted one so bad. I still do but my garage capacity says no. Making a cafe style bike out of one just never crossed my mind but heck if the owner wants something different he sure got it!! The fuel tank sure made the bike. Good job on that custom cover! haha

Now get some pictures of the bikes in that showroom. I'm liking that white Honda on the bench back there.
Unread 08-14-2012, 10:32 AM

Smithers , if you really want it just send Spikes Vintage Motorsports 16 grand ! The Royal Enfield importer talked several dealers into taking new Enfields and making them over into cafe bike and then show them at a New York motorcycle show this past Feburary . Only problem was the importer didn't want to shell out any money for the show space . He wanted the dealers to pay for everything , space , displays ,all the odds and ends that the shows promoter wants paid for . So, long story short , about a half dozen dealers built cafe bikes and weren't able to show them .
I've taken Spike's Enfield and shown it , several first places . Don't know if it will ever sell , he's got more in it than what he's asking .
Unread 08-21-2012, 03:43 PM

Done.

Last edited by Jetblackchemist; 11-09-2012 at 10:39 PM.
Unread 08-22-2012, 05:24 AM

The new Royal Enfields are very close in styling to the older models but do have a new for 09 engine that combines the transmission but still has that retro look . They've also gone to fuel injection and electronic ignition so their very reliable . I've assembled 6 of these bikes from the shipping crate to the showroom floor for Mike and it's amusing as to what you find when prepping the bikes . Basically you have to check every nut and bolt for tightness as well as the wheel assemblies for trueness and spoke tightness .
The engine assemblies are well made but use a rudementry screen in the crankcase as a particle filter ( I mean BIG particles ) so oil changes should be on a more frequent basis . Also , for a 500cc single cylinder bike ,a little more HP would be a plus . They'll go about 80/85 mph. Good around town bike but not freeway inspiring .
Smithers , did you look at Spikes website ? Mikes has some very nice restorations that he's completed as well as some very nice originals . They also consign vintage biks ,so it always interesting to see what is on the showroom floor .
Pictures ! , I'll take some pic's of the Hondas he currently has and post them next week .
Unread 08-24-2012, 08:16 AM
Admin

Ok I just looked up his website http://www.spikesvintagemotorsports.com/default.asp

Very cool. Looks like an ideal true shop that serves the customers instead of sells rocketbike to kids that are just learning how to ride. The Royals are one of the coolest bikes in my book and they had their time in magazines announcing they would be here on the market but for much less than 16K. Not like I have the room yet anyhow! I'm sure they just throw those new bikes together at the factory like lawn mowers. Glad to hear that you guys really almost rebuilds them proper so no one gets hurt.

I can't stand those PSN websites and their lack of proper picture placement and cookie cutter outline. But it does get the point across and online which is all most shops need. Shoot us some big pictures of what's going on in there if you have a chance. I always find motorcycle shops interesting. I would die for a diesel motorcycle too. Who cares about throttle response? I just want a bike that will go forever on a tank of fuel. Diesel bikes don't make for good gas station customers so we'll probably never see any development past me putting my Chinese diesel generator engine on a mini bike frame.
Unread 08-25-2012, 05:56 AM

I like the Enfield as well. I've seen several here, used, for less than 3 grand. IIRCC they were circa 2006 models.
Unread 08-26-2012, 06:23 AM

Smile

Stopped by Saturday afternoon ,I was going to shoot some pictures and show Mike our latest purchase , an original 1965 C100 , but they had about 25 people in the store ! Cleveland area Vintage Japanese Club Members and another group that rode over from the Youngstown area .
So the place was full of people and the parking lot was full of great bikes . It's fun to see what people ride when there not riding their vintage bikes . Even had some folks out for Royal Enfield test rides !
I'll shot some pic's of the shop and the bikes this week and post them .
They've just gone to this web-site and Annie is getting it up and running , so hopefully she'll get more bikes and pic's posted soon .
Unread 08-30-2012, 11:26 AM

I've attached several pic's of bikes at Spikes . He has 80 to 90 early Hondas with a few Yamahas , Suzuki's , etc. Some are original , restored or ready to run as is or restore .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (184.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 005.jpg (180.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 010.jpg (173.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 016.jpg (195.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 006.jpg (201.9 KB, 6 views)
Unread 09-02-2012, 07:36 AM
Admin

It looks like a museum in there! That's pretty cool. Glad to see a vintage friendly shop and people enjoying it.
Unread 09-03-2012, 06:39 AM

Smile

More pics , enjoy ! Early Hondas , this place is a candy store !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 004.jpg (187.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 008.jpg (191.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 018.jpg (193.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 019.jpg (211.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 024.jpg (186.2 KB, 4 views)
Unread 09-03-2012, 06:44 AM

Guess I should figure out how to link to post a bunch of pictures at one time , sorry .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 024.jpg (186.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 026.jpg (150.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 029.jpg (169.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 032.jpg (191.8 KB, 5 views)