FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Website News & Updates > Additional Projects Area

Unread 01-25-2013, 12:57 PM

Default Oops I did it again....CB160

We'll I couldn't resist. I saw this bike languishing on ebay (261158993151).
The excuse is it was from was wife's home town.
This is a nicer bike than my last one, red, needs mufflers, but I have a set of scrambler pipes I can put on. The auction was ended early and in a month I should have the spring project here. More as things develop.
Unread 01-27-2013, 12:16 PM

Send a message via AIM to ByTheLake

Wow, that's a gorgeous bike, and a great price, too! Looks like the original tank badges are still there, and it has that cool duck tail mud flap, too. I'm jealous.

Did the story about the bike coming from your wife's home town make any difference? I know it wouldn't help in my case
Unread 01-28-2013, 05:00 AM

Thanks BTL,
I've got a red Super Hawk that should pair up nicely (when done). I like the Baby Hawk and Super Hawk designations.
WRT the wife- she's been the best. She sees the value in the bikes I buy and the work I do and she trusts my judgment as long as I don't break my budgets. The CB160 will be a $1100-1200 after shipping so its real close to my breaking point for a purchase but should be worth it. The little CBs are still holding up well in value and seem to draw a bit more attention in general crowds than the CA series. My last one went to a good home, this one may stay home. Should be fun, we'll see after it gets here.
Unread 01-28-2013, 11:55 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Wow that's a great price. Good grab on that one. I've yet to see one that nice for so little. Jealous...
Unread 03-19-2013, 01:10 PM

Update:
The Oops bike finally got here this past Saturday and once unloaded I didn't get much of chance to look at her until Sunday. This bike has had a hobbyist redo and has been painted, most of the shinny bits are painted silver (its ok for now) but cosmetics never really bother me.
Kicked the engine over and sounds like good compression, pulled a plug and there was at least spark so a big plus. Checked the tank and it looks fantastic, pulled the bowls and not too bad- only one bowl had algae in it.
Today took a look at the timing and discovered the advancer was shot. it might have run but .... Luckily I have these things around and refurbed and advancer unit and installed. Set the timing and then installed the carbs gave a quicky burst of carb cleaner only to chase the passages. I actually didn't want a thorough cleaning just yet. I saw the main needle was dropped a notch and the main jet was a 105. I can't find my book right now thought the normal was a 100 oh well. I set the needle to the middle and put back together. Gassed her up and ready to try.
Interestingly this bike must have had the starter go bad at some point. The starter is missing but everything else is there including the operational starter relay and button on the bars. The starter hole is plugged properly with the CL or SL(I don't recall an SL160?) starter plug and the associated chain is removed. So for now its a kick only bike and...
on the third kick I got some life and running after that. So I am very happy today.
Sounds wicked good in just the headers (the actual muffs were shot and gone) but the neighbors...
The You Tube clip is for Ryan-
Unread 04-03-2013, 03:48 PM

Talking

While I've been very busy I have attacked this little bike with great interest. While clean, most of the paint has been redone kind of poorly. And I think I want to tear down the topend. I got a starter for it and some other nicer parts that make me want to paint the tins at least, but then the frame might not match and looks worse to me. It may get the whole deal. Here it is in the company of my other red bikes, not quite in the order of cc's- S90, S65, CA160, CB160. I do have a red step thru and a red Superhawk (and had a red CB350)that would make a nice line up if they were all completed. To bad the Black Bomber didn't come in red.
Oh and engines to build....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF2345a.jpg (333.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2355a.jpg (330.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2363a.jpg (289.5 KB, 2 views)
Unread 04-16-2013, 05:50 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Madness!!