FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 12-17-2011, 01:55 PM

Hey spokes, it's been nice down here in Columbia s.c. for the last week upper 60's Welcome to the general neighborhood.
Unread 12-19-2011, 12:47 AM

Hey Chip, wishing you lots of happiness in your new home this Christmas and throughout the years.
You now have no excuse to get out of meeting and me buying you that beer.
April in Valdosta, just down the road

Sam.
Unread 12-19-2011, 03:16 PM

Hey Sam,
That will be very, extremely cool. I look forward to April!
Unread 12-25-2011, 10:08 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Alright a new home and a new garage to set up! The good thing is that you get to set it all up nice again and have everything all organized and clean. You got a shop heater to put in there?
Unread 12-29-2011, 04:14 PM

No shop heater needed! Below is the new digs in Sylvania GA.

The shop & personal goods show up next week and the shop and build from scratch will continue. Hope to really be done by April. In the meantime I will be shopping aroundfor my next project.
Unread 12-29-2011, 04:58 PM

Beautiful home! Life is rough huh Chip?
Unread 12-29-2011, 07:38 PM
Admin

Looks top notch. You even have a nice driveway with a perfect slope to jump-start motorcycles! Perfect.
Unread 12-29-2011, 07:51 PM

Thanks, but I have to admit that yes, life is good. On the otherhand, this area is very depressed. The home in the pic is less expensive than the place in Eden Prairie and twice the size. LOL and yes again, the drive has a great slope for starting bikes...but if they don't start...man what a push.
Unread 12-30-2011, 09:04 AM
Admin

Yeap I'm kinda keepin an eye out for a mansion in some area where there's no demand because of location... that means LESS PEOPLE out in that area to bug you!

Now you should enclose that sunroom and make it a showroom for your bikes! hehe You know, make it into some usable space.
Unread 12-30-2011, 11:25 AM

Hey good idea!!!!..... Chips Museum!!!!!
Unread 01-01-2012, 06:55 AM

Looks a nice sizeable shed/shop Chip, how about a picture of the house that you'll be living in. Ya'll have a happy new year

Sam.
Unread 01-01-2012, 08:06 AM

Happy New Year Sam and to all! Good one.... Tuesday Jan 3 the moving truck and all the shop goods will be delivered. Checking out the garage and making plans. The home is rather big for just the two of us and a small dog.....

I hope to come down to Valdosa and meet you, as I will be traviling down the Florida way to get with some long lost family.

My neighbor tells me there is a Cushman Scooter club....It's all going to be very interesting.....
Unread 01-26-2012, 08:29 PM

Time Stamp 1-26-2012

Finally the shop is together enough to continue my build. I will be using the fuel petcock from my new CA160 project to complete the fuel system. I will post some pics soon. I really hope to be done within a month or two. The Georgia weather is a welcome blessing for building any project.
Unread 01-27-2012, 02:47 AM

When it's cold in England, go race in Georgia

Sam.
Unread 02-19-2012, 08:20 PM

Finally back to the build. Today I assembled the handlebar controls. Like the bike, they are made up of parts collected over time. I found a nice set of original handlebars, straight and nice chrome. I decided to go with the original petcock set up for the tank. I should have all of the parts this week.

I intend to do the tank/carb leak test off the bike. I built a test stand from an extra frame (the rear fender was sent to Sam). I will mount the carb to a vertical part of the frame and bolt the tank to the frame. This way I will know if I have a problem.....before it goes on the bike. The final project will be to build a solo seat assembly. It may be like the seat i built for the CA95 I built a couple of years ago. (pic in my album)

The bike looks like it may actually be finished soon. 3 years in the making. I will do a youtube video of the complete bike and the story behind it.. Then it will be donated and auctioned to support the fight against Breast Cancer. A friend of mine's wife works for the American Cancer Society and they are making arraingements to pick up the bike when done.