FourWheelForum  

Go Back   FourWheelForum > Motorcycles & Streetbikes! > The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration

The Honda CA95 / Benly 150 Restoration The little brother to the CA160 in our family of Hondas

Unread 06-01-2012, 04:46 PM

Default Next Problem

So I'm nearing the end of the rebuild and I have reached the next set of problems. Hopefully easy fixes.

The first is the neutral light. The light turns on when in second instead of neutral. Any idea of how to fix this problem?

The second problem is the horn. Looking at the wiring diagram I see that one wire comes from the harness which I have, and the second comes from the switch on the bars. The two wires coming off the horn are male, the one from the wiring harness is female which is correct but the one from the bars is a male which is wrong. Should there be another lead from bars to the horn or am I looking at the wrong wire? The wire from the handle bars that I'm looking at is black with a black woven cover. Any ideas?

Thanks guys you've made this restoration a much more enjoyable process.
Unread 06-01-2012, 05:35 PM

You can try cleaning the neutral switch and make sure it is mounted in the correct position, and not slipped for some reason(lobe set in wrong spot).

There are two black wires up front, one goes to the horn, and the other to the neutral light...however; the neutral light black wire will have a small white band near the connection and the rest of the wire will be black.

You could try a jumper wire between the connections, if the horn sounds; then turn one of the leads into one that fits...most horns will work no matter to what connection you hook the two wires, if that helps the situation any.

Last edited by Jetblackchemist; 06-01-2012 at 05:44 PM.
Unread 06-01-2012, 07:03 PM

Look closely at the neutral switch just above the engine sprocket and left.

There is a small triangle contact that the shift lobe contacts when in the neutral position. The small triangle frame of the contact should be straight. It could be bent. Yes, it most likely dirty. The lobe has an index pin and should be installed properly. Check and make sure the lobe is not loose.

Your two horn wires from the harness should exit out of the frame and be about 8-10" from white plastic ignition plug. One of the wires will go to the horn button, the other will go to the ignition switch as part of the white plastic plug.

Both wires for the horn will be black with female ends
Unread 06-02-2012, 05:42 PM

Default Picture

I straightened the triangle but still not getting the light. Here's a picture does this look right?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_000020.jpg (202.3 KB, 24 views)
Unread 06-02-2012, 06:13 PM

Sorry. I meant aligned straight with the neutral lobe like this:
Unread 06-02-2012, 09:16 PM

Just switched it and it works great. Thanks.
Unread 06-06-2012, 04:14 PM

Nice, glad to hear things solved.