View Single Post
Unread 04-13-2010, 10:49 PM

OK so finally got the damn body lift. I was seriously looking on Mcmaster Saturday for the raw material to make my own when the mailman dropped it off.

The kit is of so so quality; certainly could have done the same myself. The only thing I really needed were the 9th and 10th body mount brackets ('96 4Runners are missing these), but the welds are shit and one of them isn't square by 0.25". I give the 4Crawler body lift kit a 3/10, mostly because it took over a month to get something so basic.

Back on track!

Was hoping to get away with just 1.5", but the bell housing was contacting a bump on the passenger side of the tunnel. It would technically work if you pound the sheet metal for clearance, but I chose to add my 0.5" blocks back in just to make it less complicated. These pics are the final 2" body lift setup.

Up top, the clearance is a bit better. Still tight around the ABS lines, but I don't think the engine will move much longitudinally under WOT with very rigid mounts. Much more room around the rear heat lines and heater core connections.

Should finish the templates for the mounts tomorrow. Really hoping to have this thing running my mid-May!