View Single Post
Unread 11-29-2014, 05:26 AM

Typically LEDs have the same or higher lumen ratings as incandescents with lower wattage and much longer life. That's why the new CFLs might say 15w but 60w equivalent (based on lumens). Unfortunately none of the lumen rating equivalency systems to wattage have been standardized. So it's sort of a shot in the dark. You buy a bulb with 15w and just have to try it to see if it meets your needs.

What's the wattage of the fiat bulb? If it's too high, it may be popping your fuse as amps = watts/voltage. In our systems you have to add everything together since there's only one fuse.

The factory bulb is 25/35w. The LED I ordered is 10/15w @1800 lumen. However, on 6v, I'm expecting more like 1,300 lumens. A typical incandescent is 16 lumen per watt, a 6 volt is probably more like 13. So the factory bulb, on high, would put out roughly 450 lumens. So the new bulb should be three times brighter on half the wattage.

The taillight and speedo bulbs don't say what wattage they are. So another shot in the dark there. The speedo bulbs are used on lionel trains and guitar amps from what I can tell.