View Single Post
Unread 10-25-2007, 09:30 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

The solenoid is connected directly to the wiring harness so stretch out your back for this exercise. :lol: I have two V8 engines I'm rebuilding on my motorcycle stand so I'm forced to sit on the ground for this work, not fun =\.

Taking this unit apart is a little harder than you might think. Make darn sure that you have plenty of time and a cup of tea or coffee to relax your nerves during the process. If you snip one wire by accident or break off one of the little pieces in this assembly you will be in big trouble. These parts aren't exactly available at your local Honda dealership so if you can't fix what you break you will have to wait days for a replacement to arrive in the mail.

Rubber is used all over this piece and it isn't too convenient to remove these parts after they have had decades to settle in. First I had to carefully pry apart the metal wire harness holder. The wires had no slack at all so I had to cut the protective sheathing back just a tiny bit in order to separate them. The rubber seals on each wire were very tight but luckily not brittle enough to break apart. I had to pull very hard on them to be able to loosen them enough to pull the cap up and away from the body of the solenoid.