View Single Post
Unread 01-01-2014, 07:55 PM

The other problem I'm having is with the centrifugal oil strainer. I (think I) located it next to the stator but I'll be damned if I can remove it and the Clymer manual is of no help; any suggestions?

Actually the spinner is opposite the stator (right side looking down from the seat)

My suggestion is to not touch it. The spinner cover is fastened in with a nut in the depression of the cover. If your able to get the nut off your left with the challenge of removing the cover by tapping the tabs. You have a good chance of busting the tabs off. Then you will need to chisel out the cover as
the spinner cover has an "o" ring that swells tight and hard....and then find a used replacement.

Change the oil every 50 miles a couple of times and don't worry about it. IMO

The mud guard is the rarest of the rare for the CA95 & CA160, which btw share the same front fender. The lower flare of the fender usually met curbs and chuck holes which removed the mud guard and mushroomed the flare.

I have seem them occasionally on eBay, but if your fender flare is mushroomed then it won't fit anyway. I have never reinstalled the mudguard, for what its worth.

It's great to hear the bike runs and you have a clean tank with no leaks! That's a big plus! Also you will find that the CA160 has a really great engine and you will enjoy riding her.