View Single Post
Unread 06-27-2013, 04:48 AM

Default My trusty steed....

Some of you know I've had a Red 66 ca160 for sometime, original except for a seat recover and engine rebuild- since the rebuild she runs fantastic and is doing very well. As I was hauling the bike to a show last weekend I got the proverbial "dude with a fist full of cash" wave me off the highway as he was interested in the bike.
Yesterday I delivered the bike to its new owner, Jimmy a retired and semi-disabled fire fighter, with really big smile on his face.
While bittersweet for me it IS the foundation of what I am doing right now- trying to place vintage bikes into the hands of those who want the nostalgic experiences of their youths. Along the way I get to meet some really nice folks too.
I try to track the market on these bikes- I sold this for $1800 what I consider to be a fair price for (what I consider) an original bike. I think a high end value could have been about $2000-2200. Just fyi...
Now I have a CA95 project :Tangerine Dream, a CB350 k2 (Survivor Bike- refurbing) and a CL350 "$500 Cafe Bike". I do know where there is a CA77 locally so I may to pick that up just to keep Spokes around.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CA16069.jpg (105.1 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2052.jpg (276.6 KB, 14 views)