View Single Post
Unread 12-28-2008, 10:52 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

In the spirit of this thread about chains I just put in some time today working on the chain for the CL70. I didn't bother buying a new one yet and today when I was playing around with the bike I sprayed a bunch of lubricant/solvent on the chain to hopefully loosen it up. I JUST got it running yesterday but I didn't ride it as the clutch was frozen up and wouldn't work at all.

So today I was able to get the clutch working this morning and I proceeded to ride it down the road a little and the chain was making all sorts of noise. It was obvious that it wasn't loosening up nearly as much as I would have hoped. Before I put any lube on it the thing was super tight without any slack. After I rode it up and down the street it was a little more loose but still not right. I then took the chain off and went to work on it and now it is back to normal operational status.

This is the CL70 chain I know but it got me hyped up on the subject. My CA160 in the garage has a chain guard keeping it hidden but when I got over to play with the Benly 150 I'll make sure and check the number on that chain and count the links.

More to come.