View Single Post
Unread 01-03-2010, 12:01 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers
Default Adaptronic Hardware Setup

The more I play around with the Adaptronic the more I like it. I'm no expert with standalone ECU's by any means but I learn fast and I like to think I have a pretty decent grasp of the different variables that influence how an engine operates. I would like to just throw out some of my thoughts and experiences while I learn the Adaptronic software and protocol.

The hardest thing to do when you are nearly done hooking up all the connections is to actually read the installation manual on how the software operates. My advice to you over eager installers is to just find some alone time to kick back with a beer or some wine, turn off the cell phone and put on some non-violent music so that you won't be distracted while learning the literature. I even started to think I could just hook up the ECU, get confirmation that the serial connection had been established, upload a map and start the engine up. But there is just no way you can do this.

YOU MUST READ the installation guide!!

Once you start it's not that hard to finish it. You would think that the guide would tell you how to begin the setup process in the beginning but it doesn't! It begins by explaining the functions of the ECU and how the e420c computer operates at different temperatures and stuff. You don't start getting the tips to begin tuning till something like page 60 out of the 100 pages you have available to read. Just read the thing. I know, it's torture but you can do it. I spent a couple hours checking out the software on my laptop while I read the Installation PDF on my desktop computer.