View Single Post
Unread 06-27-2008, 06:02 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

The MGB is running PERFECT after a whole bunch of fine tuning. It's never really been tuned correctly but I spent the time to make it right and it is FAST now. I'm talking 80mph cruising on the freeway. The 4spd with push button overdrive is a MUST HAVE. It works nicely.

I visited an old friend who KNOWS classic motors. He threw me a few bones on some ways to make sure that the car runs as clean and as smooth as possible for the smog tomorrow morning. He's the type of mechanic that has seen it all and KNOWS the difference between the fuel of yesterday compared to today. Hell, he drives a fuel truck for a local energy distribution company in this area! Hence the nice private fuel refilling station here on his property. :lol:

Here we are cruisin the country road... I need to pack some suntan lotion next time!! It looks like I've been at the lake all week with my new tan from just breakin in this car.

I'll be posting much much more info on tuning and such here in the near future. I've learned so much by reading, listening to people with experience with them, and by actually doing all the work myself of course. I'm not anticipating any problem with the smog process but I've learned lots of tips to helping a car run cleaner for the process. This includes adjusting the timing temporarily, running a low octane temporarily and making sure to empty most of the fuel tank for the time it goes in for the test. More on all this stuff later. I also was told a rumor that they will be upping the minimum vehicle year that will be required to pass smog. I'll surely be asking the smog shop about this tomorrow morning as well.