View Single Post
Unread 04-30-2010, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokes View Post
Fantastic Pics! Great info! What I like best about motorcycles (and cars) is that you can do what you want to do. There are no rules for expression of talent, as long as one pays attention to safety and detail. I have a light weight idea for padding for your seat. I used 1" thick, black synthetic HVAC insulation. I have a gasket supply house that makes anything gasket. That's all I used for my mini 3" spring solo seat for my CA95. Trims easy with an electric carving knike and with a light layer of stretch vinyl it looked perfect.

The last time I was in London, the Beatles were very popular. I was the only 16 year old kid here in the states with a 65 MG1100 Sedan as my first car. My father drove Morris Minors until he bought his 66 MGB that we finally let go in 1986. He kept it like a child, never in rain or snow. My 1100 died a violent death. My brother came home from Viet Nam, wanted to get a drink. I forgot to tell him the 1100 was front wheel drive. Winter slick roads he applied rear wheel driving technique to my 1100 in a spin. End of story. He survived unharmed and went back to Viet Nam.

Your pic's were a great blast from the past. Thank you sir.
Hi Chip, I have the rubber type foam for the seat, it won't be covered, I'll get Ben to post pics when it's done.
Sad to hear of how your 1100 met its demise, they were nice motors.
There was a real up market version in the UK called the Vanden Plas.
You can read about it here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanden_Plas

Sam.