Thread: Head Vent?
View Single Post
Unread 12-25-2011, 11:44 AM

I'll get some proper connectors and solder them up to some heavy gauge wire to mount to the frame.

I took off the existing braided cable- and in the process almost lost the nut that backs it. Did not realize that this bolt is also an engine mount!

I am using a small 6V battery, just does not have the amperage to crank the engine, but it will activate the solenoid, which is a good start.

Hopefully next week I'll get the correct battery, toss in some fresh fuel, and start working on tuning this baby up.

It's been almost a 14 year project.

About 25 years ago, I met a friend who lived in the seacoast town of Seabrook N.H. His family had a farm, and an old barn. There sat the CA95 Dream. Every time I went over to his house, I'd bug him to sell it to me.
Then one day about 15 years ago- he called and said his family sold the farm- and I better come pick up the bike before they knock down the barn.
Like the NEXT day they were knocking it down.
I borrowed my girlfriends ford explorer, and somehow, singlehandedly loaded the bike into the back (folded the seats down) and got it up to Portland, Maine where I was living. I tried to put the bike onto a scissor lift today and could barely get one end off the ground. I must have been stronger back then- I'm getting soft!

I scoured ebay for all the missing parts to get it running- and quickly discovered that it needed a new top end. Tore it down and rebuilt it.
Then life got in the way and the bike has sat for the last 10 years, following me whenever I moved.

I'm now living in Austin Texas, and cleaned out the garage, and saw the bike and decided it was time to ride it again......

So- here we go! I'll dig up some pics of it when I bought it, and what it looks like now. It's still pretty much "barn fresh", which I think is cool, and plan on keeping the patina on all the parts.