View Single Post
Unread 04-12-2013, 12:44 PM

Thumbs up

I was surprised at how well it ran on my initial adjustments. I reset the float on the left carb and that has ceased overflowing and re-gasketed the left side cover. On the by, the carbs used are not the ones intended for this bike. These are from the "$500 Cafe Project". Since the engine on that bike is blacked out I wanted something different for the carbs. The bodies are painted in a Hammerite Green and the lids with Duplicolor Copper Plate Ck100. I wanted to experiment with the copper stuff and was only moderately happy. It's very hard to get a consistent coat. The Hammerite on the other hand was baked in place and easy to apply. Overall I'm not happy with the 'look' so these won't stay on any bike. One of the original carbs had a jammed throttle plate that led to a shearing of the throttle shaft on the idle adjustment side. I am waiting on the carb fairy to bring one from eBayland and stock carbs will return. Interesting that the book calls for 115 mains (jets) and my kits had 105s. I guess we'll see once rolling.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF2384.jpg (279.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg carb.jpg (190.7 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by Larzfromarz; 04-13-2013 at 07:15 AM.