View Single Post
Unread 02-22-2010, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithers View Post
You'll be able to push the kick starter with your hand to fire it up. I'm sure you'll get it figured. I'm going to look for some heavier springs for my CL70 as well. It's a wheelie machine. I took the kickstand off of it when I was in high school because I used to ride it all in the hills and the mountains for days. Me and some friends had 70's and 50's we tricked out and rode all over the coast as we could just pick them up if we came to a fence, hehe. So suffice to say the kickstand is long gone... I need to fine another one so it you see one available let me know.
I know of a few cl70s for sale, one complete pretty solid project for $350. Unfortunately none of the ones I know of are close to you. When project ones pop up for sale here on craigslist they normally disappear in a matter of days. Besides the cl70 I also own a mostly restored 74 Honda ct70 in candy Riviera blue, and a 1970 Suzuki mt50 which my dad bought new and I partially restored.

for heavier springs I went with this rebuild kit on my ct70 which has the same forks as the cl70. I do mostly street riding with the ct70 and this setup is at least 30% stiffer and works out great. you can also adjust the firmness by the amount of fork oil you add. I am considering using another one of the kits for this bike but might just cheap out and get just seals and rubbers http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA...s#ht_500wt_956 pretty good deal considering the springs alone normally cost $30.

Last edited by jfp350; 02-22-2010 at 11:19 PM.